Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NexGen Camaro Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doug

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:09 pm    Post subject: NexGen Camaro Questions Reply with quote

Hi all,

Getting back into the mood to build NASCAR again. But I usually built/build older cars (pre-2005 before they Revellogram stopped making good glue kits). So I was excited when Salvinos came out with the Hendrick Camaros in the style of the older kits along with Powerslide decals. I'm getting ready to start on the Larson and Elliott cars in the next month, followed by Eric Jones' 2022 Talladega Air Force car with the 3 Amigos decals. But I had a couple of questions that I think I know the answers to before I start.

1. What color is the chassis these days? I'm pretty sure white, but thinking light gray maybe? And Tamiya Insignia White for the outside of the car?

2. For the two Hendrick cars (Elliott and Larson), the blue is the same? And Tamiya TS-93 Pure Blue is the best match? Looking at the Tamiya TS paint selection, there seem to be a couple that might be close: TS-15 Blue, TS-44 Brilliant Blue, TS-50 Mica Blue, and TS-51 Racing Blue all look kind of close as well.

3. For the #43 Air Force Car. I'm thinking that I need a semi-gloss dark green for the car? I build a lot of armor so this is an easy find.

Thanks in advance.

Doug
thenderson0728

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the proper colors, scale finishes has them if you have an airbrush

http://www.scalefinishes.com/Salvinos.html

For the chassis insignia white will be perfect. It is a very faint gray to be honest. Please note you’ll need a good clear as it dries flat. For the TS, pure blue will work for the Elliott and TS-44 for Larson. With the Larson and Elliott car though I recommend getting duplicolor primer sealer. Prime the car whatever primer you choose and then lay the primer sealer then lay a full white base coat this will seal the pigment from the colored bodies in so it does not bleed through the white on each car. Good luck on your builds.
Wild Bill 2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw some use TS-51, then TS-72 Clear to give it some depth.
jh63fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Model Cars Magazine issue 214 has an article on building the kit and close ups of an actual car being built.
martinfan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used TS 93(Pure blue) for both the 5/9, and using it for the 5 was a mistake I feel, even over white primer its just a tad to dark. I think TS 44( Brilliant Blue) over grey primer will probably be lot closer.
Pat Redmond
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinfan wrote:
I used TS 93(Pure blue) for both the 5/9, and using it for the 5 was a mistake I feel, even over white primer its just a tad to dark. I think TS 44( Brilliant Blue) over grey primer will probably be lot closer.

This seems to be the correct ones.

#9 TS-93

#5 TS-44
martinfan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat Redmond wrote:
martinfan wrote:

This seems to be the correct ones.

#9 TS-93

#5 TS-44

Yeah, I almost used TS44 too

Laughing
Doug

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all, I may have to look into the ScaleFinishes option and use my airbrushes. Not finding any equivalent bottle paints and Scale Finishes comes in a 2 oz. bottle, so that should account for any mistakes I make.

Doug
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: