Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Elliott 1985 Thunderbird with lots of mods

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob de Bie

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 2:50 pm    Post subject: Elliott 1985 Thunderbird with lots of mods Reply with quote

I've been working on an Elliott 1985 Thunderbird for a long time, and I've shown bits and pieces on this forum. Yesterday I finally made the build / in-progress report presentable, and it's online now:

https://robdebie.home.xs4all.nl/models/tbird2.htm

Here are a few photos from the long report.

To be continued..

Rob
DaveVan

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good start! Sadly the Monogram 83 Bird is not their best effort. BUT....it's not all their fault. The model is based off the prototype 83 Bird built by Banjo Matthews in his Ashville shop. So a number of things were done on the kit that did not make it to the real car at the Daytona race 1983. I'd like to see Salvinos do a new body for the Banjo chassis they have.
TiminToledo

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You dedication to authenticity to produce a more accurate model is commendable. Amazing efforts so far. Looking forward to see as this progresses.
Lionpride

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unreal, the amount of time and effort you have put in!
Rob de Bie

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments! Yes, I spent way too much time on the model. It must admit it's more a study of shapes and corrective measures than a desperate drive to build this particular car accurately.

I hadn't thought of Salvinos doing a new and correct 83-86 speedway T-Bird.. that would be a shock to me Smile

Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: