Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Salvino JR's Next Gen Camaro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2002p51

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:26 am    Post subject: Salvino JR's Next Gen Camaro Reply with quote

According to Savino's web site the NASCAR 2022 Camaro in the Chevy announcement markings has been "sold out". Does anybody on this forum have one of these kits? If so, what's it like? How good is it? Did they get it right? Trying to find out all I can about it before I shell out the big bucks for one. Smile
kurth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take that to mean they have pre-sold the entire production. It is my understanding the kit will not ship until early March.
Pat Redmond
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'Rollout Display Camaro ZL1' is sold out.
The Hendrick cars should be in stores in late March.

The SJR Models Camaro was designed directly from art/CAD drawings/files provided directly from Chevrolet and NASCAR.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any word on FORD's.......kinda had a good weekend! Laughing
Pat Redmond
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveVan wrote:

Nothing yet, but it would probably be a good idea to get on that, huh? Wink
DaveVan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..agree
Wild Bill 2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveVan wrote:

Waiting for signatures most likely, but the way it sounds, the other manufacture May I Say May come first.
bangor boy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveVan wrote:

Did anyone actually see it?

Geez, with all the negative Grumpy Grandpa comments about modern racing on Nascar forums on Facebook, no one actually seems to admit to watching it anymore.

So one wonders if these 'Foe-urrd' kits would actually sell?
tomcat65

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are wanting to get a 2022 NextGen Chevy Camaro "Rollout" kit. Salvino's is sold out of their pre-order. Mike's Decals, Model Round Up, & Wes's Model Car Corner are partners on the kit with Salvino's. I think I saw that Wes's Model Car corner has some of their pre-order allotment left. Not sure if Mike's & Model Round Up still have any of their pre-order allotment left.... The "Rollout" kit & the 2022 #9 NAPA kit we'll see next month. The #5, #24, #48 kits to follow soon after. The NextGen Camaro has been delayed by about a month, cause NASCAR made a few minor changes to the NextGen Racecar in January. Thus it delayed the model kit, cause Salvino's had to make the changes in the kit. Holding up production.
MG Brown

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish lists are all well and good, but I'd caution to hold off on any additional NextGen subject requests until we have the five promised kits in our grubby hands.

The logic seems to indicate that a large amount of the Camaro Next Gen kit tooling could be used for Mustang and Camry kits when and if the needed licensing is in hand.

I mean, why not extend the usefulness of your investment if you can?

I feel quite strongly that once their obligation to Hendrick for the Next Gen kits is fulfilled, you'll see SJR's efforts on the in-progress "classic" NASCAR kits ramp back up.

Clever negotiating could yield a licensing agreement that would allow additional Ford "classic" kits from SJR from the Revell/Monogram tooling also. At this point, we can only hope for the best result, wait and see.

I don't recall any Revell/Monogram NASCAR kits that would apply to Toyota licensing so the most likely Camrys for the foreseeable future would be NexGen cars. Probably (and this is only my guess) from the 23XI team.
jaws1972

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a pre-order through Mike's Decals and Salvinos websites to see which one will get me these new kits the fastest. I'll stock a couple Chevy's then wait for the Fords to be released, hopefully they will be Penske, SHR, or RFK. Undecided about building a Toyota unless it's Hamlin, Bubba, or Kurt Busch.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/4_7PevNgKqY
TiminToledo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That kit looks pretty amazing! Hoping for Ford to get on board with them as well. Well done!!
DaveVan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiminToledo wrote:
That kit looks pretty amazing! Hoping for Ford to get on board with them as well. Well done!!

If fit and finish is as good as parts look.....that will be great!
bigryan18

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be prepared to do some filling work to the roof because details that are on the underside of the roof were molded to the topside like the small hatch on the right and the curve lines linking the roof flaps. And the driver's side roof rail needs to be extended towards the front to match the passenger side rail.. There's also a line going thru the right side roof flap that also needs to be filled... Have fun!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: