Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tamiya 1:35 40 Ton Tank Transporter "Dragon Wagon"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Aircraft, Military, Ships, Sci-fi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mprmprmpr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:50 pm    Post subject: Tamiya 1:35 40 Ton Tank Transporter "Dragon Wagon" Reply with quote

As threatened.. more military...LOL. As mentioned, not my comfort zone for models. This is easily the best engineered kit I've ever built. Tamiya included tons of detail. What a great kit. They can be very expensive. I got lucky and scored this one for $70.00 shipped. They can go for twice that and more. It's hard to find the M26 kit that's just the cab for that price. Anyway, box stock build with a some weathering techniques. These machines are massive. Added the tank for scale and "effect'. And I know, the tank is a mis-mash. It's a more modern Israeli Super Sherman painted in WWII colors. I basically just use it for practicing olive drab weathering.

Here it is... minus the trailer

With Trailer...

Trailer and tank..

Last edited by mprmprmpr on Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Henryjint

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another nicely finished build!
sentsat71

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!!

Another COOL build!!

Seeing this build and the other one you posted, brought back memories for me. My oldest brother built a few kits from Revell, back in the late 1950's, maybe very early '60's. He had the Long Tom 155(?) wheeled big gun, with the "tractor" to pull it, which had tank type tracks, a Sherman Tank, a 6 wheeled "command" car with the machine gun ring instead of the small turret. All were 1/35th scale. He also had the Monogram(?) Half track truck with the 4 machine gun turret in the bed.....After he moved out, I played with them for a number of years, until I became more interested in 1/24th - 1/25th scale model cars.....as that what my other brother was building....
Have no idea what ever happened to those military builds......I don't remember tossing them out, so either my oldest brother did so at one time when he came home to visit, or, my mom tossed them.....
randy ayers
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks sooo real!!! Cool Cool Cool
Jim N

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job! The weathering is stellar.

I knew of someone who built that kit and it is massive.
Wedge

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a very good job!

Wade
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Aircraft, Military, Ships, Sci-fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: