Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Starter Resin Kit Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob Spires
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:26 pm    Post subject: Starter Resin Kit Questions Reply with quote

Hi guys, I just picked up my first Starter resin kit and I have a couple of questions:

First, do you have to soak it to remove mold release? I have some Westley’s but I’ve read the new formula is not very good?

Second, does anyone offer Dodge Daytona decals that can be scaled to 1/43? Mine came as Bobby Allison’s car with cool foil decals, but I’m afraid they may be shot. I’m open to any driver but still just evaluating backup options at this point - I’ll probably try to save the originals if I can.
m2joe4

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

You may be forced to go to Patto's in Australia for decals. Not always the best, but normally the only game in town. But, if any of our domestic decal makers would take on re-prints of Starter sheets, I have about 70 that are waiting to be re-created!! Or re-sizing of their own sheets would be great too. I have some bodies that I'd be willing to lend out for sizing.

Also, here is a link for the French 1/43 NASCAR modeling site:

https://forum-auto.caradisiac.com/topic/382006-lhistoire-de-la-nascar-au-143%C3%A8me/page/585/#comments

Always a good source of inspiration for 1/43. These guys do miracles with Starter kits. They usually use Patto's for decals, but I thought Francis Bensignor was planning on doing some of his own decals, just hasn't happened yet.

LoboGraphix did some nice 1/43 decals for my Pearson Dodges; I think they did wing cars, but can't remember which ones. I think they only sell on Facebook or eBay.

As for the bodies, I usually just spray liberally with Wesley's (old stock, can't comment on the new), and scrub with a toothbrush. I let it sit for a while and it has worked well for me.

Good luck!!

JH
mprmprmpr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can print any of my decals in 43rd scale, or any scale for that matter. Not sure if many of my sheets would cover these cars. I don't know much about them or what cars/bodies were offered.

1/24 and 1/64

Rob Spires
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the great info m2joe, and I’ll keep you in mind MPR. I appreciate it guys!
frenchpl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mprmprmpr wrote:
I can print any of my decals in 43rd scale, or any scale for that matter. Not sure if many of my sheets would cover these cars. I don't know much about them or what cars/bodies were offered.

1/24 and 1/64

really interesting. I'm since long time looking for some decal sheets at 1/43....
where can I take a close look at your decals , please ?
thanx a lot !
patrick
mprmprmpr

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frenchpl wrote:
mprmprmpr wrote:

1/24 and 1/64

really interesting. I'm since long time looking for some decal sheets at 1/43....
thanx a lot !
patrick

PM'd you a list of my decals...

frenchpl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mprmprmpr wrote:
frenchpl wrote:
mprmprmpr wrote:

1/24 and 1/64

thanx a lot !
patrick

PM'd you a list of my decals...

got it : thanx !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: