Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Frank Warren's #79 charger colors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989
View previous topic :: View next topic  
T65

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:00 am    Post subject: Frank Warren's #79 charger colors Reply with quote

trying to determine the correct color of the car at Daytona 1976. Any advice will be helpful
DaveVan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I built one with the PL kit....Now with the Salvinos kit and Mike's new decals I will build another. Frank's shop was not far from my house in Harrisburg NC. The best match is Tamiya Camel Yellow and black. Very close to me......if not spot on.
bangor boy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A contentious subject, to say the least.

http://www.randyayersmodeling.com/modelingforum/viewtopic.php?t=1405&sid=729fec02d74e35e30c8864acbe668b10
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Van and I each saw that car in person. I would choose Camel Yellow as well.

Some versions had the roof/upper body done in Plum Crazy purple rather than black but I can't recall which years/races that was.
hillybilly

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom M. wrote:
Dave Van and I each saw that car in person. I would choose Camel Yellow as well.

Some versions had the roof/upper body done in Plum Crazy purple rather than black but I can't recall which years/races that was.

Looks like the Ace sheet will have the purple numbers so hopefully it will include the info on that. Might be able to do the Magnum, too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: