Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

home-brew decals on HP Inkjet, my black is purple....help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LastoftheV8

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:46 pm    Post subject: home-brew decals on HP Inkjet, my black is purple....help! Reply with quote

I'm using MS paint to create my own decals, I then paste into MS Word and create a decal sheet. Im printing on HP 7510 inkjet (basic 100 printer from Target) Set printer setting to "HP Photo paper" Quality "Best" . Printing using Testers decal paper.

whether using clear or white paper, even though i use the black in MS paint, they print a dark purple. so when I cut them out, spray bonder and apply they are hardly black. (Pretty much like using a black sharpie on window trim, if you've tried that trick)

Anyone have different results? in other words, you print a black decal and it actually lays down a nice deep black? And you are using a basic home-brew set up like mine... and not high end laser jet or ALPS
MarkJ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a brother ink jet printer and it prints black decals, however when I used the decal bonder testors recommended it turned them a dark purple. I used testors 1261 and it was fine however lately I have found that future is even better because it does not melt the ink if you use too much. Have you tried just putting your black images on their own sheet and printing in black and white mode?
Firefly

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the official "HP" inks? Wondering if the quality of the actual ink has something to do with this issue. I use cheaper ink carts in my Canon and haven't noticed color quality issues with decal paper.
18degrees

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t print decals but i have a different experience than you with the sharpie and window trim, for sure... that’s all i use.
bangor boy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried using Photoshop for producing accurate colours?

It's the professionals choice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: