Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

67 Chevelle SS396 - best kit to start with?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Street and Muscle Cars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red96

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:43 pm    Post subject: 67 Chevelle SS396 - best kit to start with? Reply with quote

Which kit, in your opinion, would make the best starting point to build a stock-ish recreation of an SS?

I'm building recreations of cars I've owned at different points, and enjoy adding as much detail as possible. I had a fairly rare one that had factory disc brakes and factory headrests, both somewhat rare options - especially the disc brakes. Don't require either option to be part of the kit - I can scratch build or use A/M goodies to address those. I'm looking for opinions, for example, between the overall quality of the widely available AMT kit vs. the Revell kits.

If you have an opinion, please let 'er fly!

Besides, looks like somebody needed to wake up the muscle car category here! Very Happy

james220

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Year ago I believe SAE did a comparison between the AMT 67 and Revell 67. Their conclusion was the Revelle was best. I've built both nd the Revelle is a little more accurate to me. Both are nice kits. I'm sure someone more familiar with the real 67s detail can give you a better idea about body accuracy. But as for me both are nice kits.
67chevelle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The revel 1967 chevelle ss is almost a accurate match not perfect but close I own a 1967 chevelle Malibu and have built the revel kit I had to change it from a big block to a small block with a automatic transmission. Other than that it is a very nice kit. Jeff marsh.
Red96

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback guys. Revell it shall be.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Street and Muscle Cars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: