Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who do you recommend - Waterslide printing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Trading Post
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red96

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:03 pm    Post subject: Who do you recommend - Waterslide printing Reply with quote

I have the luxury of owning a graphics program which gives me the ability to design, scale and compose my own sheets. That being said, I need someone with the know-how and equipment to print a sheet for an ASA project.

Do you have someone you'd recommend for custom decal printing? One 8.5x11 sheet. And yes, there's white involved too. Crossing my fingers somebody can do on a single sheet - my skills at matching up overlays are severely suspect Wink
spooker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this guy: http://www.circletrackdecals.com/index.html
DaveVan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indycals will do it.....$35....he prints in a single page.....nice work.
bangor boy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polecat Decals.

Mike Fasig is a talented designer, great to deal with and turns out quality decals. Maybe check on packaging and shipping details. A bad thing happened to someone once receiving decals in the mail from Polecat. Once.

The decals he shipped up here, across the frozen tundra of Her Majesty's Timbered Dominion, were stellar.

Look forward to doing business with him again.

https://sites.google.com/view/polecatdecals/home
GAS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:17 am    Post subject: ASA decal Reply with quote

I am also looking for an ASA decal. I want to build Rusty Wallace #66-red and yellow camaro. I am in the process of looking for some one to do them. Which ASA car are you looking to build?
Red96

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: ASA decal Reply with quote

GAS wrote:
I am also looking for an ASA decal. I want to build Rusty Wallace #66-red and yellow camaro. I am in the process of looking for some one to do them. Which ASA car are you looking to build?

Gas,
I'm building a late 90's ASA AC Delco Challange Series tour car that I owned and reconfigured for road-course racing. I bought it from an SCCA racer in FL and had it shipped up here to the PNW. Developed it over a few years into a really solid GT2 road course car. (Howe chassis, LS-1 engine, GSR trans, Winters quick change). Retired from racing in 2015 and sold the car to another local guy just wanting to do track days and Vintage racing. He'd owned an ex-Waltrip road coarse Cup car, but wanted to get into something that wouldn't break the bank if he popped the motor.

I've got tons of pictures I'm using to duplicate the car. Started from a Monogram Nascar kit (2002 Monte body - #3 Oreo car). Using only the body and the door bars for the cage. The rest of the car is being scratch-built since the ASA cars were all tube-framed chassis and the kits represent a 'tub' built chassis. PM me your email and I'd be glad to share some pics of the chassis build, alterations to the body, etc.

I'm really not familiar with the earlier ASA series cars like the one you're tackling. I have heard there were kits modeled after that series car, but never seen one. Would be curious to know if these were just earlier versions of my old car with the V6 powerplant. My car started as a V6 car, prior to ASA adopting the Lingenfelter LS-1 for the AC Delco Series.

Red96

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks folks for the suggestions, I've found someone willing to help me out.

I'd like to tip my hat to Mike Fasig, of Polecat Decals for being so incredibly helpful. He patiently listened to what I needed, and found a way to work with what I provided. If you run into obstacles with others who require you to be the graphics pro, call Mike - he is a true professional.

Update 3/5/21: Just received my decals from Polecat today, and they look fantastic. Sharp and clean printing, white underlayment on all color decals. Mike and I were able to resolve the problems associated with importing Corel files into another graphics program, which has been an issue with CorelDraw files for a long time. Hit me up for the fix if you are struggling with the same issue.

Last edited by Red96 on Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
replicas

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firebird Designs, he made me a couple of sets of decals per my specs. great to work with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Trading Post All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: