Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1997 Thunder Special @ Suzuka

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slipster17

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:55 pm    Post subject: 1997 Thunder Special @ Suzuka Reply with quote

Hey all - looking for assistance with a project I'm considering. Does anyone have an recommendations on where I might look for photo references for the cars that ran in the 1997 Suzuka Special?

Currently combing through the race on YouTube and taking screenshots when I can but a lot of the drivers never received screen time and the detail of the broadcast quality leaves a lot to be desired, heh. 😅
Red96

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might try to find a copy of April 1998 Circle Track magazine. There's an article about the race, but not sure how many useful photos are included.

The race programs are hard to come by for obvious reasons, but you never know what you'll run across on eBay...

Any specific car? Knowing that may help others to help you.
Slipster17

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to think outside the box for a set of 3 model cars. My idea was to do 1 Ford, 1 Chevy and 1 Pontiac that ran at that Suzuka race in 1997 - but to avoid building the heavy hitter NASCAR regulars like Wallace, Martin, Earnhardt et al.

I was thinking drivers like Jim Richards, an Aussie who drove a Pyroil sponsored Pontiac during that race.

The decals I can make and print myself - I just need some photo refs. 😀
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: