Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PPP gold stripe Firestone application help needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D_Young

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:05 am    Post subject: PPP gold stripe Firestone application help needed Reply with quote

I haven’t done a set of these in a long time and wasn’t very good before, but now I am definitely out of practice LOL. I just put one on and couldn’t get the gold stripe to set right in the groove on the tire. Just wondering if anyone has any helpful tips on how to put these on properly, or at least better than I am doing so far. Thanks in advance.[/list]
MarkJ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

get yourself some micro set and micro sol. Those really help getting that task done and use a tooth pick to move the decal around to get it in place. Your going to age a couple of years doing it though. Not fun.
D_Young

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mark. I have both but was afraid it would make it too brittle and tear. I’ll try it. Wish me luck, I don’t need any more gray hairs. LOL!
spooker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are doing tires with a groove, trim as much of the clear film (if any) around the inside and outside of the stripe. Then cut the stripe into quarters or thirds. Use warm water (preferably distilled), and Micro-Sol or Solvaset AFTER you get each piece in the groove. Cutting the stripe into pieces insures that it will fit the groove diameter. I know it's time consuming, but maybe do one piece at a time on each tire and let it dry before doing another. HTH!

Brian
D_Young

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn’t thought to try that but definitely sounds like it will help along with the micro set and micro sol. Thank you!
D_Young

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted To say thanks to both of you guys. That helped a lot! I used micro set and cut the decals into thirds. Did a section, let it dry, next section etc. definitely the best set I’ve done. Thanks so much for your help!
spooker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, glad to help! I can't count the number of new ideas and tricks I've learned here!

Brian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: