Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ghost White Toner and HP254dw Printer Tips & Tricks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveVan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me see how it goes. I have no issue sharing if it works.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished my latest 2 sheets I made for my current model and noticed the creasing in the finished decal sheets. I think i figured it out though and it has to do when you slide the toner cartridges back in the printer you have to make sure when you close the door that the tray drops fully into position. mine was hanging up on the left side and it was making the sheet be pulled sideways a little causing the crease down the left side of the finished decal sheet. So it had nothing to do with the settings I was using it was just a mechanical issue You can fix it when you go to shut the door, stick your finger in and make sure the tray has gone down completely. Mine is hanging for some unknown reason and it wasnt doing it when I printed decals for the first 2 projects I did. You just push the tray down with your finger and it falls into place with not much pressure. Im really surprised that it prints at all when that toner cartridge tray is not in position properly but it did print the decals. just adds a crease and takes out any decal where the crease is.
Brandon Miller

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll still with my Alps for now. If it craps out, I'll spend a few thousand and buy the betted laser option.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished my latest sheet files, which I plan to only make white underlay on the laser printer, and the color sheet on inkjet printer. I still noticed creasing when I printed some test sheets to check the sizing on the model, which all turned out good, so I wont have to edit any of the images. I then just kept trying to change property's so I could get rid of the creasing. It turned out I was using too heavy of a setting, so I kept reducing the grams of the sheets until I finally got the printer to stop putting a crease on the left side, about a fourth of the way over, from the left side on the sheet. It was plain printer paper, so when I use the decal paper I hope the crease doesn't return. I have decided not to print extra decal images on the sheets to hopefully make them go further per model. I will however print one spare decal for each image at the borrom of the sheet and I'm going to include tire decals as well, in case on the off chance, that I could start selling my decals. Those are things I always thought decal makers should include on their sheets.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the creasing did not go away completely, but its not as bad as before. I will just have to realize where its going to happen and leave a void there on my sheet. Plus now my inkjet printer decided to smear one of the images. I'm hoping I can fix that with changing the property's for printing by using a less glossy setting . Luckily I printed spares at the bottom of the sheet so I wont have to print a whole extra sheet.
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching this carefully.....thanks
MarkJ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis O wrote:
Watching this carefully.....thanks

Thanks, Dennis. I havent given up on this process yet.
Retro_Racing_Replicas

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:40 am    Post subject: decals on M254dw Reply with quote

I have used this printer since last year, and a few months ago, it started creasing the paper or putting a line vertical down the page at the 1 3/4 mark on the sheet?

The color print that is done on the second pass irons out the crease, but I still have to put a line where the crease is to prevent it from ruining a decal graphic.

Have used different setting also. Current settings are Matte photo 200 was using extra heavy glossy.

still progressing, used Bare Metal foil paper, and Tango Papa blue paper.

Used another paper brand and it scored it like a sharp nail crease on the sheet.

Is there a roller in the printer burned out?

Only issue is that same vertical area on the sheet.

Otherwise O.K. decals.

Clear coat is needed too. I Just need to consistently use it afterwards.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: decals on M254dw Reply with quote

Retro_Racing_Replicas wrote:
I have used this printer since last year, and a few months ago, it started creasing the paper or putting a line vertical down the page at the 1 3/4 mark on the sheet?

The color print that is done on the second pass irons out the crease, but I still have to put a line where the crease is to prevent it from ruining a decal graphic.

Have used different setting also. Current settings are Matte photo 200 was using extra heavy glossy.

still progressing, used Bare Metal foil paper, and Tango Papa blue paper.

Used another paper brand and it scored it like a sharp nail crease on the sheet.

Is there a roller in the printer burned out?

Only issue is that same vertical area on the sheet.

Otherwise O.K. decals.

Clear coat is needed too. I Just need to consistently use it afterwards.

Yes, R.R.R. , you seem to be having the same creasing issue I have. My crease is also vertical, but on the left side of the sheet. it's not as bad since I made the type of paper lighter weight but its still there, so like you, I will have to avoid that area of the sheet to make future decals. I'm only using the printer now to make white underlays.
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting.....I have had no issue with creasing. I have probably only printed 50 decal sheets with it since I do only personal use decals.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis O wrote:
Interesting.....I have had no issue with creasing. I have probably only printed 50 decal sheets with it since I do only personal use decals.

That's great , Dennis. I haven't printed 20 sheets yet . I'd say the creasing began around my tenth sheet.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my latest laser ghost white decals. I used the printer for the white underlays and the color decals as well. Turned out better this time and I dont know why

MarkJ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using my latest laser decals on my current build and found if I just use one coat of future as the fixadent the decals are much easier to work with. I had to double up the white underlays on the red part of the model and will probably also do it on the black part of the model. If you don't, the white decals have a light pink hue to them and the ones on the black seem a slight gray looking color. The contingencies are so small I won't need to double up on them. Cutting them out is a real chore though.
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My latest decals were for the 63 Fred Lorenzen Ford. I'm just using the ghost white printer for the white underlay decals which were needed on this model even though it appears to be white. It's actually a pearl white which is almost like a very light silver. I make any color decals with my inkjet printer which makes a better-quality color decal than the ghost white printer can do.

I make my white underlay sheet all black and then bring the file over to the ghost white printer and it changes the black images into white ones when it prints the sheet out. This will be the way I do all my decals now plus I don't have to keep changing out the ghost white toner for the black one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: