Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good Lord! Really!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crime Dog

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:18 pm    Post subject: Good Lord! Really!? Reply with quote

Bristol being converted to dirt for a cup race??!! Whats next road course at Indy, Daytona and Charlotte....what....huh...really...they did.!? Laughing Rolling Eyes
George Andrews

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see that working out well -- Cup Cars on that STEEP banking -- with a DIRT surface ??? Why not use Eldora instead ??? Or Springfield - or DuQuoin ???
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you imagine drifting on a high bank... and your hand slips?? Laughing Laughing
FallsCity48

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will use any/every gimmick to entice ratings to charge the best advertising rate..... whether it's to fabricated racing results ("Lucky Dog", "Competition Cautions", "Stage Winners" etc.), changing track layouts to tighten competition, using retro liveries etc. Fake racing Laughing
hemiman_1999

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about the races they Dropped Chicago Land Speedway. I know I am prejudice because this is my home track I live 90 miles away and I can always get credentials to get in the garage area. I mean NASCAR wants exposure in big markets so they leave Chicago and go to Louisville instead of Chicago. This does not make sense to me at all you want to put people in the stands LOWER the prices..for a local family of say 4 that's just casual fans to go to the races and spend 5-8 hundred dollars is crazy. They need to get new fans and promote more in the right places. That speedway is 35 miles outside Chicago and the do not advertise in the Chicago Proper area instead just in the Joliet area....and towns like Rockford 90 miles away nothing the only people going are diehard NASCAR fans mostly from within a 200 mile radius of the track.
BVAUGHN

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody want to bet that they will not name the spring race at Darlington the REBEL 500?
Bill
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BVAUGHN wrote:
Anybody want to bet that they will not name the spring race at Darlington the REBEL 500?
Bill
Not on your life pal!! Laughing That's a losing proposition no matter how you slice it.
1320wayne1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hemiman_1999 wrote:
How about the races they Dropped Chicago Land Speedway. I know I am prejudice because this is my home track I live 90 miles away and I can always get credentials to get in the garage area. I mean NASCAR wants exposure in big markets so they leave Chicago and go to Louisville instead of Chicago. This does not make sense to me at all you want to put people in the stands LOWER the prices..for a local family of say 4 that's just casual fans to go to the races and spend 5-8 hundred dollars is crazy. They need to get new fans and promote more in the right places. That speedway is 35 miles outside Chicago and the do not advertise in the Chicago Proper area instead just in the Joliet area....and towns like Rockford 90 miles away nothing the only people going are diehard NASCAR fans mostly from within a 200 mile radius of the track.

Read this for what it's worth. Major speculation that the track property was looking to be sold for redevelopement. Nothing conclusive yet but maybe the uncertainty of the track and it's future had something to do with it.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/daily-southtown/opinion/ct-sta-slowik-joliet-chicagoland-speedway-st-0513-20200512-q3fupie4sfa5bpuisiufdwysve-story.html
RCB

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will configure Bristol like they did for the Hav-a-Tampa dirt races years ago. The banks will be normal angles.
Racer14

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is too bad about Chicago and like Hemiman I am prejudice since it is the only major track around our area. I have seen both Indycar and NHRA there and enjoyed booth. Unfortunately, with Milwaukee long gone there is nothing for the northern Illinois area. I guess they call that progress....
Marcis diecaster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirt? see what a hot dog wrapper does to engine temps when it gets on the grill.....just sayin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: