Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Highly disturbing message from feebay!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:16 pm    Post subject: Highly disturbing message from feebay!! Reply with quote

I recently received this little gem from the fine folks at feebay!!

Hi adamwayneone,

Starting this November, eBay will manage your payments. Now’s the time to join thousands of sellers by registering for the simpler way to do business on eBay. Make sure you register by October 15, 2020 to ensure there’s no interruption to your selling.

I am unsure what this means because of the wording but, it seems as though they think I can't handle my money, they need to step in. If there is no opt out, I am DONE with selling on ebay. If you have to have it to be able to buy? I'm done with that too!

I'm already working on a new outlet. Possibly a webstore, maybe even a partnership. But if this is a have to or no play situation? I feel like ebay will realize very soon, they've made a BIG mistake!!
DaveVan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebay sold off Paypal and the time they had to wait to start their own new system is up........doubt they will remove PP so you can just stay with it.....I assume......I have not gotten that info.
hemiman_1999

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not received anything like this from eBay, as for a website yes it does help but after 2 years with a website and eBay my business is split about 50-50. The website is getting bigger every month but I have doubts if I will ever totally drop eBay.. About 50% of my websites business are orders from buyers outside the USA because I have a shipping charge of just 4.00 anywhere on the Planet Earth and not between $14.00 to $21.00 for a decal that eBay charges.
halfbreed999

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Highly disturbing message from feebay!! Reply with quote

AdamtheWayne wrote:
I recently received this little gem from the fine folks at feebay!!

Hi adamwayneone,

Starting this November, eBay will manage your payments. Now’s the time to join thousands of sellers by registering for the simpler way to do business on eBay. Make sure you register by October 15, 2020 to ensure there’s no interruption to your selling.

I am unsure what this means because of the wording but, it seems as though they think I can't handle my money, they need to step in. If there is no opt out, I am DONE with selling on ebay. If you have to have it to be able to buy? I'm done with that too!

I'm already working on a new outlet. Possibly a webstore, maybe even a partnership. But if this is a have to or no play situation? I feel like ebay will realize very soon, they've made a BIG mistake!!

Adam my wife has a store on Ebay and up until Friday was able to list now she cannot list anymore until this mess is taken care of. She received the same thing as you except she was told by the end of September. When she looked into it basically she had to open another checking account and is suppose to link it to her Ebay one. Then fill out all the other info and should be good to go but she's having problems. Also they have new hours were you leave for them to call you back. Yeah right. But Ebay is doing this to accept other forms of payment and you have to pick when you want your money transferred to the account and there fees are suppose to be cheaper than Paypal. Ebay is suppose to still accept Paypal. That's from what she can figure out but don't quote me on anything as being what I printed. Do a bunch of digging around to make sure. I do not know about people who get the free listings if it is the same way.
Tom Birky

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got that back in the spring. The part that torked me is if you're selling, ebay will deposit the money into your bank account within 3-5 days.I called them and they will not deposit into your paypal account. I let it go and I'm done selling there.

Tb
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently awaiting a reply to my "OPT OUT!" question. If they insist that they need to handle MY money, you can bet your ass, your hat and your housecat, I'm out too!
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here is their response!

Hi my name is Shelly and I will be happy to assist you today.. There is not an opt out option for managed payments. I understand that you are no happy about this new direction that eBay has decided to take our company.

If you don't want to sell anymore that would be your decision. But of course you can always still buy on eBay.

We would hate to see you go, but if you feel that is the best thing for your account at this time, we do wish you call the best!

Thanks,

eBay

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
gks1964

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plain speak-- screw you!!
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gks1964 wrote:
Plain speak-- screw you!!
Me or ebay?
gks1964

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebay to you!!
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whew! That makes more sense. Wink

I have already pulled all my sales from their site.
gks1964

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to find another way of doing business.
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at least we have a starting point. We've built a client/friend base right here so, minimal as sales may be in a smaller crowd, this is an awesome home base until we find something or create it ourselves. And when we do move to a new platform, we know we have solid friends right here! Looking forward to finding a way.
Tom Birky

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called and talked to a guy for 20 minutes. Same result. He was very polite, even sympathetic, but it is what it is i guess.

Tb
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Birky wrote:
I called and talked to a guy for 20 minutes. Same result. He was very polite, even sympathetic, but it is what it is i guess.

Tb
You actually spoke to a living being??!! Wink
Tom Birky

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i did! I kept reading that notice and thinking I must be missing something. I suppose since they no longer benefit financially from paypal they're cutting them loose.

Tb
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well all I'm saying is, that's a miracle! I couldn't get anyone on the phone and had to fight through 7 e-mails before I got a straight answer. They'll soon see a mass exodus over at feebay.
halfbreed999

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like going to be a mass leaving. Wife spent almost 4 hrs. waiting for a return call and then spent about 20 mins. on the phone and shes not happy. Its a shame it has come to this but guess they want to control every aspect now from what she understands. Also the people who get the 200 free listings she was told over the next few months will be required to do the same thing.

Like AdamtheWayne said Well, at least we have a starting point. We've built a client/friend base right here so, minimal as sales may be in a smaller crowd, this is an awesome home base until we find something or create it ourselves. And when we do move to a new platform, we know we have solid friends right here! Looking forward to finding a way.
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

halfbreed999 wrote:
Looks like going to be a mass leaving. Wife spent almost 4 hrs. waiting for a return call and then spent about 20 mins. on the phone and shes not happy. Its a shame it has come to this but guess they want to control every aspect now from what she understands. Also the people who get the 200 free listings she was told over the next few months will be required to do the same thing.

Like AdamtheWayne said Well, at least we have a starting point. We've built a client/friend base right here so, minimal as sales may be in a smaller crowd, this is an awesome home base until we find something or create it ourselves. And when we do move to a new platform, we know we have solid friends right here! Looking forward to finding a way.
That is exactly what I told them! "Expect a mass exodus if you persist!"
gks1964

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already see some suppliers gone. Some that I've done business with along time!
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does not bode well! I just checked my saved sellers list and three of them are gonedy too!

Only good thing about today is, I found out I can get my child support payments stopped! The ex is deceased, both kids are grown and I have proof of parental alienation. Smile
gks1964

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomorrow I pull all my stuff as well!
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there's literally millions selling on the platform worldwide but, I'm hoping enough of us give them the finger so they rethink their practices. In the mean time....

https://www.salehoo.com/blog/sick-of-ebay-try-these-alternative-places-to-sell
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just gave youtube the boot too! NEXT?!
shortwheels

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evilbay tried to get you to sign up with the managed payment thing they tried to get going about a year ago, if you remember. Eveytime you logged into the site you would get a message about singing up. I never did, there were some sellers that fell for their gimick and did sign up. One of the stupid things that happened when you did, was when you sold something on Evilbay and the person sent payment, you didn't get you money for like 5 - 7 days after the sale, so that meant that you had to send the item and pay the postage out of your pocket, cause you wouldn't being getting the money for the sale for a few days. Evilbay can sit on your money and make money in the mean time before they sent it to you, just another screw job.
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly why I told them to take a leap! Making money from other peoples deposits, NOT COOL!
DaveVan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it boils down to a voluntary thing and not required??? I stopped selling on ebay back2015 and may not ever again. Talk about killing the golden goose!
halfbreed999

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shortwheels wrote:
Evilbay tried to get you to sign up with the managed payment thing they tried to get going about a year ago, if you remember. Eveytime you logged into the site you would get a message about singing up. I never did, there were some sellers that fell for their gimick and did sign up. One of the stupid things that happened when you did, was when you sold something on Evilbay and the person sent payment, you didn't get you money for like 5 - 7 days after the sale, so that meant that you had to send the item and pay the postage out of your pocket, cause you wouldn't being getting the money for the sale for a few days. Evilbay can sit on your money and make money in the mean time before they sent it to you, just another screw job.

AdamtheWayne.....Exactly why I told them to take a leap! Making money from other peoples deposits, NOT COOL!

SO they are doing this again with the new way to sign up? If so that really sucks. I see people loosing money than making it. Plus they already refund money to the buyer no matter what. Wife found out the hard way plus she had to pay the return shipping. Getting to be a lot of dishonest people out there to make a quick buck.
Tom Birky

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, not exactly voluntary. They lock down your selling account until you voluntarily give them a bank account to manage your money too. And paypal is not an option. They locked mine in June. I can still buy, but im done selling there.

Tb
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there's nothin "voluntary" about it. It's their way or the highway! (I'm on 77 north right now!) Laughing
DaveVan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I'm done selling too.......been selling since 1998.... Evil or Very Mad
gks1964

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdamtheWayne wrote:
Yes there's nothin "voluntary" about it. It's their way or the highway! (I'm on 77 north right now!) Laughing

I'm at the end of 77! Just stop before you hit water Laughing
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gks1964 wrote:
AdamtheWayne wrote:

I'm at the end of 77! Just stop before you hit water Laughing

Hey, at least that water doesn't catch fire nearly as often anymore! Laughing Laughing
DaveVan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went and listed an item.....but stopped before I submitted it......does this new stuff take place now or in the future????
spooker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't rec'd any notices from e-Bay. Does this new policy affect individuals or just e-Bay stores?
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveVan wrote:
I just went and listed an item.....but stopped before I submitted it......does this new stuff take place now or in the future????

They told me I had to sign on before oct 15th to avoid interruption of my ability to sell.
shortwheels

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing about the crooks, I see that the final value fee is now 12.35% + .30 listing fee, I thought the final value fee was 11%. And a couple years ago they started to even charge the final value fee on what you charged for shipping. Shocked

Last edited by shortwheels on Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's becoming a matter of "Pricing yourself out of business". I am NOT doing all this extra work to make pennies.
Tom Birky

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im just an individual, no store. They're doing it incrementally. I can write a listing until i hit the submit button, then i get a message about why its locked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: