Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dale Jarrett Interstate Batteries Green

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjsipes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:12 pm    Post subject: Dale Jarrett Interstate Batteries Green Reply with quote

Is this car a neon green or not? I have seen where some have used Tamiya Park Green but then others appear to be more neon. Anybody know for sure?
DaveVan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go Park Green.....
43petty45

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be wrong...but I was told by credible sources that when the car was a Lumina it was Day Glow green and when they went to Monte Carlos they began using Spectra Master Green. Both were Dupont, the latter being from their Imron line of paints, which is a pearlescent lime green and not a true neon.
With that being said...if you can find those color chips at your local Dupont automotive paint supplier you could use that to compare with whichever brand paint you wish to use.
Hope this helps you out, Ron.
bangor boy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just don't use Imron, if you can find it.

Super toxic paint. Requires special protection, both skin and lungs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: