Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ford/Mercury engine question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bangor boy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:47 pm    Post subject: Ford/Mercury engine question Reply with quote

In '74, NASCAR mandated smaller engine block sizes. I'm reading that the initial downsized engines were 366 c.i. and then shrunk again to 351 c.i.

Anyone know the timeline for these changes? Did this all occur within the '74 racing season or was is spread out over two seasons?

And any recommendations on where to find a Ford/Mercury donor kit that has such a powerplant?
George Andrews

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recall the 366 C.I.D. engine deal only lasted a very few races early in the 1974 season.
RCB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Starsky & Hutch Torino has a 351 Cleveland with it. That was the engine used until the SVO engines were used in the early eighties.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: