Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1/24 Australian Supercars Mustang Conversion w/ Tamiya kit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Road Racers, Drag Racers, Open Wheels, Modifieds, Late Models, ect
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaparral2k

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:37 pm    Post subject: 1/24 Australian Supercars Mustang Conversion w/ Tamiya kit Reply with quote

I started this project several weeks ago right after the new Tamiya Mustang GT4 kit was released. Its a beautiful kit but I really wanted to make an Australian Supercars Mustang out of it.

I realize that there are some dimensions around the roof area that are different from the stock Mustang and the Supercars Mustang, but I feel its not major enough to not attempt to make a good looking model out of it.

The major difference is the nose, its simple completely different on the Supercar.

With basically no dimensions I started to sculpt out the front nose, little-by-little

I did weeks of filling, and sanding, over and over, until I got the basic shape.

New Hood, Nose, Grill, splitter, and rear wing assembly

Also a right-hand drive setup for the inside

After I got all the parts scratch built and perfected, I made molds and cast them with resin.

The one part I need help on was with the wheels, I tried to scratch build them by hand but it just wasn't looking good. So I asked my good friend Indycals https://www.indycals.net for help! He 3D drew the wheels up and had them printed by Shapeways and the LOOK AMAZING! Thank you Indycals. Also, Indycals will be offering the decals for this new Resin conversion kit.

I will make a mold of these 3D printed masters and cast them in resin.

The modifications for this new conversion kit will actually be pretty basic

Some sawing on the front fenders, and cutting out the hood is the most work this kit will require. There will be some filling and sanding for sure, but that's no big deal.

More updates, coming soon.

In the meantime feel free to check out my new and improved website (Formally known as Hobbitime)

https://themodelcarchannel.store/

[/a]
gks1964

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvin,
You did a great job!!
DaveVan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks pretty good.......is the real Super car Mustang roof taller??
chaparral2k

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveVan wrote:
Looks pretty good.......is the real Super car Mustang roof taller??

Just a little bit, it will be barely noticeable after this is all built up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Road Racers, Drag Racers, Open Wheels, Modifieds, Late Models, ect All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: