Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wayne's workbench Resin Replacements order form/info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Trading Post
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 10:11 pm    Post subject: Wayne's workbench Resin Replacements order form/info Reply with quote

I had to rush around today and work this up last minute but, I think it will suffice.

Many of you know me and have bought my Olds parts and re-bolstered seats. Well I've stepped up my game because to be honest, I was never happy enough with those pieces. I love to look at a part and say "WRONG(!!)... but I can fix it!" As you'll see, this mostly involves bumpers. I don't know how it happened. I can make a LOT of stuff but... somehow it most often comes down to bumpers.

Anyhoo, I have a new slew of parts to sell and I'm sure they'll please. I try to design everything as "plug and play" as possible. Some of these parts made that REALLY tough. There are some progress photos in the Fab shop.

I really did have a good time working these parts up, whenever I could pick them up without the brown touch interfering (Or my pesky ol' heart trying to stop!). I'm so proud of the speed cuts and bumper knocks, as well as the overall finish of these bumpers. They should be highly plate-able. I've added rivets, screw heads, bumper bolts, separated parts and refined the fit. All with the best possible "finish line" in mind.

I'm unclear just yet how much information I'm allowed to put out here on the board so, until then contact me for payment and address information.

These are resin, and as such things happen and I tend to get in a rush sometimes. (My own fault and I'm man enough to admit it). If you get a part from me and it is sub par in ANY way, if you are unhappy I am unhappy and then Abby get's unhappy and none of us want that. SO, should this happen please don't be offended if I ask you for a photo of the issue or possibly to send it back for replacement. Sometimes there's a small bubble or void in a spot it will never be seen but, if it's an obvious issue, I'd rather make you a new one.
Orders are lined up as payments come in, please don't ask to be bucked up the line.

Orders do take 3 to 4 weeks to get back to you, I'm slow. Ask anyone whose bought from me. I'm slow but rarely late.

The resin and mold release I use cleans up easily with dish soap and water and takes paint quite well. Use a primer.

Always remember, resin cuts and grinds WAY easier than plastic so work slower than you normally would. I am available to anyone looking for tips on working with resin parts.

The LAGUNA S3 parts: Those are there for the guy who wants to fix up an existing build a bit. If you are ordering Chevelle parts, I'm going to assume you have an S3 or two already on your shelf and I'll include a set. (ONE per order)

When the new nose and bumpers are ready they'll all be sold as a set. For now, the opera windows and bumper are a giveaway item. Do you have a Laguna but don't care for Chevelle's? Contact me.

So BE the first kid on your block to have these new parts! BE the first on your block to say "Meh... not bad."

I'll probably edit this over and over but, that's all I can think of for now except to say this. To the marketing geniuses behind all those lovely insurance commercials... STOP IT! Just STOP it!

EDIT: Contact and payment info added.

Last edited by AdamtheWayne on Tue May 26, 2020 4:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I mention you can save the order form to print out? Feel free to ask any questions.
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OKAY! Before somebody actually buys one, let's do a quick giveaway.

This will be for the Charger 500 NASCAR version. First person to give me the correct answer here (not in private messaging) get's the freebie. For this first trivia giveaway, I'll give you a clue, inside the question.

Q: Who was the Lone Ranger... really?
big_al40

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 6:11 am    Post subject: resin pieces Reply with quote

Clayton Moore
bighoo

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass Reeves
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bighoo wrote:
Bass Reeves
We have a winner! One of the few black men in law enforcement, BASS REEVES was considered the true inspiration for the Lone Ranger because of his penchant for working alone. Contact me Bighoo with your address and congratulations!
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: resin pieces Reply with quote

big_al40 wrote:
Clayton Moore
For many of us, Clayton Moore will always be the one and only Lone Ranger! Wink
mchali

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent
bighoo

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Adam for doing this!

I’ve PM you with my address - thanks again
RCB

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clayton Moore played John Francis Reid, a.k.a., The Lone Ranger.
pulln4dejr

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 1:58 pm    Post subject: Resin Reply with quote

Adam, speaking for myself......”Thanks a million for doing these and for being upfront about EVERYTHING!! My order will be sent very soon!!! 👍🏻👍🏻👊🏻👊🏻
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very welcome all!!

I've updated the order form with order information. PLEASE use the form when ordering by mail
If you order by paypal, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, send a detailed note of what you are ordering. Do not order through paypal and then tell me here what you're after, K? It just get's very confusing for me. Thanks for understanding. Smile
bighoo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a set of the charger 500 conversions the other day. The castings are clean with very good detail. Overall a very nice set. I highly recommend them.
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bighoo wrote:
Got a set of the charger 500 conversions the other day. The castings are clean with very good detail. Overall a very nice set. I highly recommend them.
THANK you very much! I'm looking at and presenting them thusly- You are purchasing the bumper, I am throwing in the rear window filler. They are thin, flimsy, hard to work with and I am not charging for them but, every bumper bought will get one.

BIG update: The RR flat hood will not be made available. If you already ordered one you'll get it but, it will be from my personal mold. Missing link does a top notch casting so there's no point in mine entering the market. Cheers! Smile

(Yes I am working on orders. Unhappy with the first round of Chevy molds they're being re done and should be finished up tonight. Smile
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VERY happy with the new molds, orders start shipping this weekend!
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mixing, pouring, casting making, so much going on right now!

Wanted to let you know, the NASCAR Charger 500 grille is ready now! Comes with open headlight sockets and four block off plates as well as the rear window filler (now with 10% more flash!)

IF you ordered the 500 grille set and want to switch up to this one NO WORRIES! Just mention it here or in PM and I'll make it so. I want to get them gone by saturday though so, hope you see this before!
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MASS MAILING MONDAY!! Everything is OUT. If you don't see your items by this weekend, contact me. Smile
Tom Birky

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohoo!!!! Way to go Adam [west] [bruce] Wayne! Thanks for your efforts to amuse us less talented fabricators!

Tom
Bill J

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I got a nice little box of Mopar goodies in the mail Very, very nice parts Adam, Thank you for mastering and casting all of them. I especially like the rear window filler and grille to make a Charger 500 from the Revell 69 Charger kit. Should make a much nicer car than the old MPC Charger 500 kit.

Keep up the great work and again, thank you, Sir.
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Birky wrote:
Woohoo!!!! Way to go Adam [west] [bruce] Wayne! Thanks for your efforts to amuse us less talented fabricators!

Tom
Yes, yes. Been dealing with that all my life. I knew one of you would make the connection so here goes.

I don't get near the ribbing my Uncle did. His name was Bruce. He worked the coal mines and passed of black lung when I was little. But one day I asked why everyone called him Bruce except Aunt Dora, who called him "Willy". He explained that his full name was Willard Bruce Wayne and when that movie came out about the rats, he started going by his middle name because whenever he met someone they always brought up that movie. Then he started to realize shortly after how popular "Batman" was and unfortunately, his change stuck with him. Folks eventually forgot "Willard". Most never forget Batman.

So I'm used to it. Get all the "Nanananananana" out of your systems. Very Happy
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill J wrote:
Today I got a nice little box of Mopar goodies in the mail Very, very nice parts Adam, Thank you for mastering and casting all of them. I especially like the rear window filler and grille to make a Charger 500 from the Revell 69 Charger kit. Should make a much nicer car than the old MPC Charger 500 kit.

Keep up the great work and again, thank you, Sir.
Very welcome and thank you for the compliments gentlemen. When it comes to the grille, you may wish to sand in on the bumper area of the fenders just a little to get it to sit right. Just one more! If Revell had to go out of business I wish they'd at least have finished out the second gen Chargers with this one but it is what it is.

Also guys, when it comes to those rear window sails on the '68/'69 kit, you can sand until they're nearly gone altogether before you start test fitting and remember, the gap is there on the rear of the piece. Good luck! Smile
Tom Birky

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received some amazing looking Chevelle parts! I was really tired and didnt even take them out of the bag yet, but from what i saw i was pretty excited. Im baffled and amazed by the quality of your work. Thx for your contribution to our little niche. Whats next? Maybe you should build something of your own, but i suspect you may be a little like my older brother. He gets way more satisfaction out of fabricating than finishing.

Tb
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Birky wrote:
I received some amazing looking Chevelle parts! I was really tired and didnt even take them out of the bag yet, but from what i saw i was pretty excited. Im baffled and amazed by the quality of your work. Thx for your contribution to our little niche. Whats next? Maybe you should build something of your own, but i suspect you may be a little like my older brother. He gets way more satisfaction out of fabricating than finishing.

Tb
I... would... LOVE to build something! ANYthing! Seriously though, you may be on to something there. I've created a lot more parts than I've finished kits in recent years.
gks1964

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my box of parts today FANTASTIC!!
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revised order form, coming soon!

I've been told twice now, my flat hood is better than Missing Link so, that baby's back on the table!

I'm also working on a '72 rear bumper for the Monogram Plymouth, I already have a flat hood for that one. Smile
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated order sheet coming soon. Couple new parts to be added. Flat hood for Monogram '71 Plymouth, Gerald has an awesome 25th scale bathtub intake, I've got 24th scale covered, new 2+2 parts coming for front and rear. I will have a new nose with headlights and street grilles. Can be used for NASCAR as well. New rear bumper. Stretched to fit, seam edge realigned, bumperettes removed, and an open trunk kit, both suitable for street or NASCAR.

In the works right now alongside the MAGNUM is a street version of the '73 Chevelle, 1977 Monte Carlo NASCAR bumper set, odds and ends set (if I can make it work) 1972 rear bumper set for 1/24 Monogram kits. Stay tuned!
gks1964

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep it goin' Brother!!
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New revised 2+2 nose and rear bumper.

I've lengthened the rear bumper to fit and be the proper size. I've also returned the nose to a more proper, detailed piece. (Prototype shown) You will need to modify the kit grille pieces a little to fit and sand about a mm off the bottom of the front fenders.

Set is $8 plus $4 shipping. (Multiple parts up to six sets can be shipped for that) Information in first post on contact and payment or contact me privately.

Coming hot on the heels of this will be an all new version of the Montego nose.
gks1964

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Trading Post All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: