Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Results of the "Ghost White" printer...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkJ

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i went to google to study the programs and wasn't feeling good about things so something told me to google removing space from my scratch discs on Photo deluxe. This was the warning I was getting that was keeping my program from working. I went down the list and sure enough a lot of people with adobe photodeluxe and photo shop which turns out to be basically the same thing were having the same problem . Most of the fixes people were trying to sell were bogus but I kept going down the list and there was a video on freeing up space on your hard drives by deleting temp files. I had already deleted all my internet temp files but it turns out there are some temp files that are hard to access. I followed the directions on the video and was able to delete over 1500 temp files that had built up on my hard drives. It was a real easy fix and long story short I got my program working again. It turns out while your using the program it creates a bunch of useless temp files that eventually clog up the hard disc space. So now i have my program back and I wont have to purchase a new program to learn. I got my decals finished for my next build, so now I can go back to building it.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good!! I found a fix on youtibe for a issue the software owner did not have a fix for. Worked well.
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOGLE is always your friend....
MarkJ

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah , I dont know why sometimes I dont go there first. The help on my computer did not have a clue how to fix it. I tryed everything they said to free up disk space but the fix turned out to be, go to the run command box. type in %temp% then hit control button and then A . and then empty the recycle bin. took less then 2 minutes to fix a problem I have had for a couple of years now. this adobe photo deluxe program creates a lot of temp files while your using it and eventually it stops the program from working.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my second try on the laser decals. Still not real happy with the fixatent because its too thick. I found a sheet that failed when I tryed to double it and tryed one coat of future as a fixatent it worked well if you allow the decal to sit long enough before you try to slide it off . I had a couple that seperated so I'm going to try 2 coats of future to see if that works any better. you have to wait 24 hours between coats so I will try them this afternoon and see if they work any better. At least the future makes the decals smooth and glossy and not orange peely like the other fixatent can do if you're not heavy handed with it and then you have a too thick decal.

MarkJ

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The future works good as a fixatent , but its better to wait 48 hours before using the decals. Also you have to let the decal sit for a couple of minutes before attempting to slide it off the paper or it could crack the decal. Also its better to not try to uncurl the decal after it gets wet because that can also cause cracking. Also one coat is just as good as two., maybe better because the decal is thinner.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the sheets from my latest build and the build. The future makes a great fixatent and you only need one coat with a large soft brush. I need to figure out how to make the color sheet decals a smidge larger then the white sheet decals ,especially for outined numbers and contengencies. I guess when I take the color sheets and make them all black (which will become all white with the ghost white toner) I'm also making each image a little bigger so when I put the color image over the white image i get a tiny white border around the image when they are placed on the model. I'm on to my next model and will really try hard to get this problem solved. Just realized postimage is down. Does anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it?

Brandon Miller

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why so many copies of each logo? Seems like wasting toner and decal paper.
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are making progress Mark!!! I appreciate you posting what you learn.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon Miller wrote:
Why so many copies of each logo? Seems like wasting toner and decal paper.

Its a lot easier and less wasteful to make more decals per sheet then to have to print a whole other sheet. If I mess up one decal on a sheet that just has enough decals to do the model I would have to print a whole new sheet.. I messed up a bunch of the same decal on the hood but luckily I had printed 5 of it so I didnt have to waste a whole other sheet and toner for a whole new sheet. Plus sometimes if I dont mess up too much and someone wants the leftovers I send them to them so they can build the model at no charge of course. Sadly there are not enough decals left to do another model and I'm not printing anymore of them.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis O wrote:
You are making progress Mark!!! I appreciate you posting what you learn.

Thanks, Dennis. I'm getting closer and closer to where I can maybe start selling them if I feel they are fool proof enough for someone else to get good results with them. Also at that point I wont have to make so many extra images per sheet. Maybe just pairs of each decal instead of 3 or 4 like I did on this latest build. The key will be making the white sheet images the same size as the color images.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are my latest results with the ghost white printer. I have decided that I really shoudn't try to sell any decals I can make from this setup because I'm just not real happy with how small decals like contengencies look. They are really not as good as the ink jet decal contengencies I used to make . I will continue to use this printer just for my own projects. But not sell them to the public.

Firefly

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems the white would be useful for underlays, and 'double-up's.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firefly wrote:

So you're saying just use the laser printer for the white and then use the other printer for the color and make those ink jet? You might just have something there Bill. I think I'll try it on my next build. Makes perfect sense. Thanks for that idea.
Firefly

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkJ wrote:
Firefly wrote:

So you're saying just use the laser printer for the white and then use the other printer for the color and make those ink jet? You might just have something there Bill. I think I'll try it on my next build. Makes perfect sense. Thanks for that idea.

As long as the scaling matches up. With all you have invested it's worth a shot, in my opinion!
MarkJ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firefly wrote:
MarkJ wrote:
Firefly wrote:

As long as the scaling matches up. With all you have invested it's worth a shot, in my opinion!

Its really an awesome idea Bill. Plus I wont have to keep switching the black toner to the ghost white toner and back again. And I wont have to keep changing the properties on the laser printer, because they are different for color printing then they are for all black printing, which actually gives you all white printing. Thanks again for the great idea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: