Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bobby Allison Monte Carlo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JamesT

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:58 pm    Post subject: Bobby Allison Monte Carlo Reply with quote

Does anyone have other photos of this car ? I can’t find anything about it considering it won a race

BW

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here ya go. Hope these help James:

[img][/img][/code]

[img]

[img]

-Bobby
George Andrews

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A historic weekend at Riverside Raceway -- Jan. 11, 1981 :
Bobby Allison's 1st race, AND his 1st win, with Ranier Racing
Darrell Waltrip's 1st race with Junior Johnson
The LAST January Cup race at Riverside; this event was for many years The Motor Trend 500 - that's 500 MILES on the road course !!!
The LAST race for the old 115"wb Cup Cars AND the 1st race for the new 110"wb cars
The ONLY time both sizes of Cup cars ran together
Bobby would claim the last win for the old 115"wb Cup cars in the car shown above
hemiman_1999

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last I know of this car is sitting in the Lensing Auto Museum it was restored to the as raced condition that it finished the race at Riverside you may want to call there and ask for pics of the car they are very helpful with things like that. Wayne Lensing was a racer himself and very good he started Lefthander Chassic and built everything else from that he has some great race cars as well as other cars in the museum if you are in the area its worth the stop and if you stop there its 10 miles to my home so you can stop here as well and we can talk about race cars and race car models and have dinner .
JamesT

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
john843

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hemiman_1999 wrote:
The last I know of this car is sitting in the Lensing Auto Museum it was restored to the as raced condition that it finished the race at Riverside you may want to call there and ask for pics of the car they are very helpful with things like that. Wayne Lensing was a racer himself and very good he started Lefthander Chassic and built everything else from that he has some great race cars as well as other cars in the museum if you are in the area its worth the stop and if you stop there its 10 miles to my home so you can stop here as well and we can talk about race cars and race car models and have dinner .

That Lensing museum looks super interesting. From the pics I've seen on the 'net, it has one of the most eclectic collections I've seen. Auto's, crime, Hollywood, Presidential, Aerospace, to name a FEW!

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: