Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

As the world (kinda) gets back into live racing...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
18degrees

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:55 am    Post subject: As the world (kinda) gets back into live racing... Reply with quote

... is anyone planning on attending any races?

This Sunday June 7 the wife and I have tickets to see USAC sprint cars and UMP modifieds at Federated Auto Parts I-55 Raceway in Pevely, MO. I can’t wait!

They are only selling 1200 tickets for the race, so there will be some sort of social distancing in place. Hopefully I can pick up a Chris Windom shirt, the last USAC race i went to (indoor midgets in DuQuoin IL back in March) had very little in the way of merch. Can’t wait to get some dirt “flavor crystals” in my Budweiser!
BW

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My local short track (Sayre Speedway) is waiting on the county's heath officer to give them the ok to open for racing. Our state (Alabama) governor has given the ok but our over-reaching, as well as non-elected, county health officer is being a weenie and is not allowing any spectator sports events. He's waiting two more weeks to make a decision. He has come under fire for making this decision without any scientific or logical reasoning. He's apparently part of the "left leaning" hand-wringing liberal officials that like to impose their "authority" on our county citizens. Hopefully, we'll start racing in a couple weeks.
Mack

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huntsville (Al) Speedway ran Saturday night. Over 4000 in the stands. Huge crowd. I didn't go. My cousin sent pics. Unreal crowd.
BW

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mack wrote:
Huntsville (Al) Speedway ran Saturday night. Over 4000 in the stands. Huge crowd. I didn't go. My cousin sent pics. Unreal crowd.

Yeah I heard about Huntsville Mack. Good to hear! I have a feeling that Sayre Speedway will be standing room only the first night it opens. I know Sayre has had several test days at the speedway and they've had overcrowded pits with huge car counts each time. The track owners spent the entire off-season upgrading the facilities and are anxious to begin their season.
-Bobby
odcics2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's go racin' boys!
George Andrews

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping the NASCAR -- OOPS !!! Embarassed I mean ARCA West Series Rolling Eyes will be able to run at Evergreen Speedway in Monroe, WA., on August. Only one race run so far in the West Series in 2020, at The Bullring in Las Vegas.
From the ARCA & NASCAR websites, it looks like the Sonoma Race weekend has been cancelled outright. A shame, as the West Race on Saturday is always good exposure for the Series.
HurricaneDave3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if my local track (Grandview Speedway) in PA is opened yet, I should look into it. I just looked, they have been open for racing. I just assumed they would be closed with all the state closings.
Richmond purple Uno Buick (done)
Andretti Carfax Impala
LePage Patron Charger
Green Timberwolf Monte
150+ other NASCAR kits
StuBeck

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not at the moment, but maybe this fall. NYS isn't allowing fans at tracks for the moment, and we've stayed home for so long I'd like to just finish the job before getting back out and having numbers go back up.
18degrees

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooooo... the race was standard bad-*ss Pevely stuff. 40+ cars in each class.

What amazed me was that only one or two drivers had merch for sale, so no Windom shirt for me. I wonder if your average USAC fans don’t buy stuff... if you go to an Outlaws show, big late model show, or even a local night, EVERYONE is selling shirts and stickers out of their trailers.
Racer14

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockford (IL) speedway is scheduled to run Saturday night with spectators assuming Illinois goes to phase 4.
BW

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attended first race night last Saturday at Sayre Speedway. Great crowd! Almost standing room only. Great races in all the classes. It felt good to have the ringing in my ears and the burnt rubber up the nose again! (Well, almost. Laughing )

Late Model Feature Winner: Gary Sanford. He was SUPER FAST!
[img]

-Bobby
bangor boy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better go fast, them racers. And go smart and safe, you fans.

Covid-19 moving faster in Alabama. Up to 1,000 new confirmed cases a day now.

Go, go.
Go Carefully
Go
Airstream driver
starwalker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:19 pm    Post subject: Crawford County Speedway is racing Reply with quote

Just north of Van Buren, Arkansas, a short dirt track where both Mark Martin and Rusty Wallace raced at one time or another as youngsters, has been racing under social distancing guidelines (whatever that means since I haven't attended any races and probably won't as we're being careful).
odcics2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read today that Jimmie Johnson has it along with his wife. He's missing the Indy race today.

On a side note:
A bunch of Pence secret service guys got it and a couple of his aids.
Trump Jr's girlfriend has it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: