Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just completely unacceptable!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveVan

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate it's in WV.....
https://www.whsv.com/content/news/WVa-secretary-of-state-says-task-force-uncovered-absentee-ballot-fraud-scheme-570670981.html
Mack

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

odcics2 wrote:
Mack wrote:
Again, if I may. Does mail in voting sound like a grand idea or what? It would be an absolute disaster!! The USA would never again have a fair and honest election at any level. A friend of mine does bar-b-q cooking for charitable causes. He has a Facebook page dedicated only to his bar-b-q work. A lady sent him a donation from Texas, we live in Alabama. It was post marked mid April. He received it mid May. Add that to the above examples, it's not a good look for the USPS. I'm hoping these are the exception and not the rule. A bloated bureaucracy seldom cares about the things it messes up.

Sorry, your post is fake news. There is NO proof that mail in ballots ever effected any voting. If you find real proof, please post it.

And no, a tweet is not proof, lol!!!!!

Sorry this thread got hijacked about mail in voting.

And no, I am NOT a left leaning individual. Just a person that would appreciate HONESTY from BOTH SIDES!

Believe as you wish. It's of zero concern to me. If you think the USPS can pull off mail in voting, fine by me. They have managed to accumulate 140 some odd billion in unfunded liabilities at the end of fiscal year 2018. If you have read every post in this thread you'd see the personal cost some people have suffered because of the inability of the USPS to deliver a simple package.. contact them with a problem...oh well...sorry. and you're trusting this outfit to guarantee 100% legitimate election results? As for citing proof, read the above threads. I bought a Revell Dodge Craftsman truck several years ago on ebay. The postal employee that delivered it stuffed it into my mailbox. If you've ever purchased one of those, you'll recall the boxes are rather large. The box was ruined. I called the post office to let them know. So the employee pulled into my driveway to ask about it. I showed it to her. With "fragile" clearly stamped on four sides, she said, " sorry, I didn't know". And you think it's a good idea to turn them loose with an election? I have some ocean front property in Arizona Id love to sell you. Most businesses that operate like the USPS go bankrupt. I've been self employed fo thirty four years. You don't see any business operate in their manner in the private sector and survive. Preach elsewhere.
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I need an adult, I need an adult!" Okay this one's gone off the rails, can a mod please lock this one down or better yet, just delete it? Thanks.
Mack

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdamtheWayne wrote:
"I need an adult, I need an adult!" Okay this one's gone off the rails, can a mod please lock this one down or better yet, just delete it? Thanks.

Huh? Just a simple back and forth about differing opinions. I haven't posted any "news" to have it called "fake". Never cited a "tweet" as a fact either. Simply stated my opinion. That's all. Dave Van provided proof of the malfeasance that can occur. Just facts, that's all. I harbor no hard feelings towards anyone. Just a simple case of differing opinions. Nothing more or less.
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mack wrote:
AdamtheWayne wrote:

Huh? Just a simple back and forth about differing opinions. I haven't posted any "news" to have it called "fake". Never cited a "tweet" as a fact either. Simply stated my opinion. That's all. Dave Van provided proof of the malfeasance that can occur. Just facts, that's all. I harbor no hard feelings towards anyone. Just a simple case of differing opinions. Nothing more or less.
I get that Mack, I really do and I have some pretty empassioned ideas on the subject myself. However, as clairvoyant as I am not, I can still see where such a conversation is headed.

This place is my zen garden. With the country as divided nearly as badly as right before the civil war, this website is a bastion of peace for me. Because it's completely non partisan. We are being assaulted now, 24-7 with political, social and economic "news", fit to drive any sane person up a wall. I just don't want that here. For me this site is a step away from the realities we all are forced to cope with. It's filled with historical knowledge, brightly colored cars of all types and some really friendly and quite frankly fascinating people.

For me it's all about the fun and one of the reasons I signed up here was I thought I'd seen a board rule about no politics. Lifelong friendships are coming apart. Families have been destroyed in recent years, over politics. I just don't like seeing it here. It makes me sad and anxious and neither one is conducive to modeling or parts creation. Sad
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. I do accept my responsibility in this. I'm the one who started a complaint thread about a government entity.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdamtheWayne wrote:
P.S. I do accept my responsibility in this. I'm the one who started a complaint thread about a government entity.

The week I have had with USPS they earned all the ill will
Two models crushed beyond use
AND I may have to pay $100,00 because they got CONFUSED, new employee, over a registered letter!!!!!
I understan the unhinged......
Mack

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdamtheWayne wrote:
Mack wrote:
AdamtheWayne wrote:

I get that Mack, I really do and I have some pretty empassioned ideas on the subject myself. However, as clairvoyant as I am not, I can still see where such a conversation is headed.

This place is my zen garden. With the country as divided nearly as badly as right before the civil war, this website is a bastion of peace for me. Because it's completely non partisan. We are being assaulted now, 24-7 with political, social and economic "news", fit to drive any sane person up a wall. I just don't want that here. For me this site is a step away from the realities we all are forced to cope with. It's filled with historical knowledge, brightly colored cars of all types and some really friendly and quite frankly fascinating people.

For me it's all about the fun and one of the reasons I signed up here was I thought I'd seen a board rule about no politics. Lifelong friendships are coming apart. Families have been destroyed in recent years, over politics. I just don't like seeing it here. It makes me sad and anxious and neither one is conducive to modeling or parts creation. Sad

Point taken and understood. All good with me.
odcics2

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mack wrote:
AdamtheWayne wrote:

Yes, we have differing opinions! First Amendment, remember? We can disagree. I agree with a lot of your points, too. Sorry if you took my opinion as "preaching". I was just stating my point of view...

Anyway, thanks for the link to the WV issues. I read it and appreciated the info. So, the guy thought it was a "joke" to tamper with US mail? Sad.
I guess a system is only as strong as it's weakest link.

Personally, we've had a woman mail carrier for years that would go out of her way to make sure we got the mail. Even putting boxes behind the house, putting things in plastic bags to prevent rain damage.

Had a large box actually ROLL out of a UPS truck. The 65 pound tube amplifier was undamaged, because the sender double boxed it.

Expecting a FedEx delivery soon. We'll see how that goes.

If you are so against the USPS, what would be the best idea to get votes tabulated accurately, especially in rural areas of the country?
What would you do to ensure an accurate, honest election?
Mack

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.ncsl.org/research/military-and-veterans-affairs/inadequate-time-to-vote-military-overseas-voters.aspx

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=96437123

Here's a couple of examples of the things that go on. As far as "different opinions" and the "Freedom of Speech", that doesn't apply here. The 1st Amendment guarantees the right to free speech without interference from the government. No one here or a government entity has prohibited mine or your opinions. And I appreciate that. Unfortunately we live in a time where some people will stoop to any level to win an election. So I cannot see the benefit of adding an avenue for voting that is wide open for fraud. I am 100% in favor of all US citizens voting legally. One fraudulent vote may eliminate my vote. There is no way to guarantee a 100% vote count in any election. But I can't imagine adding the USPS to the mix would be helpful. And I don't think all Postal employees are bad people. My brother in law retired from the post office. He is a fine person. I can assure you this, he hasn't missed it. you and I just have a differing view. No hard feelings whatsoever on my end.
odcics2

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if they made any progress on military voting since those articles were written, 11-12 years ago.

Good links, thanks.

I guess on line voting is not the way to go either. Too easy to hack...

Anything with a punch out is bad. Remember the "hanging chad" in FL?

Pencil marks can get smeared, negating the ballot.

Old machines with levers??

No hard feeling on this end. Life is too short to have any...
DaveVan

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's complicated and I thank all for chiming in.
George Andrews

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill J wrote:
Sometime in 2019 I mailed a Rolelx GMT Master II watch to a buyer in NJ. The buyer was a Canadian and to make things easy he had me mail it to his friend in NJ.
The watch was worth $8900. I asked the clerk at the post office how to send it insured for the total value. If I remember correctly, their Priority Mail only lets you insure up to $5K. The clerk said mail it registered mail and put in the full value. Registered mail gets signed for at each step and is handled separately from regular mail. It was only $48 to mail it and I was given all sorts of receipts and a return letter would be sent to me once it was delivered.
Supposed to arrive in 2 days.
What the buyer failed to tell me initially was that his friend was leaving, moving actually, in 5 days. Shouldn't have been a problem. I followed the tracking, very concerned mostly for it's safety and worried over what it would involve if lost. It did not arrive in 2 days, or 3 or 4, it arrived within hours of the guy leaving the address forever. What a relief and what a stress filled week.
There was more to the story and it ended up costing me another $100 for part of a replacement crystal, but it had nothing to do with the mail and a lot to do with a picky buyer.

The USPS clerks at my local Post Offices have tried their best to DISCOURAGE me from using Registered Mail for legal documents related to my mother's estate. " It's too expensive - Priority Mail is just as good. " A friend who is a local letter carrier told me to tell the clerks : " Do your job - I'll even make sure you are paid to do it."

Last edited by George Andrews on Fri May 29, 2020 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
George Andrews

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

odcics2 wrote:
I wonder if they made any progress on military voting since those articles were written, 11-12 years ago.

Good links, thanks.

I guess on line voting is not the way to go either. Too easy to hack...

Anything with a punch out is bad. Remember the "hanging chad" in FL?

Pencil marks can get smeared, negating the ballot.

Old machines with levers??

No hard feeling on this end. Life is too short to have any...

Here in Washington State, we have used All - Mail In Ballots ( with a drop - box option in most counties ) for several years now, including at least the last Presidential Election. The state pays the postage, and the ballots NEVER leave the State of Washington. The computers used to tabulate ballots are also only State run, NOT hooked up to WWW or Internet. ( This limits both the buffoonery from USPS, and those who might want to mess with ballots. ) Ballots must be filled out in black ink, and mailed in the return envelope provided, with the voter's signature on it too. Our Secretary of State, Kim Wyman, has run audits of every vote, and has not found any evidence of tampering or voter fraud. She HAS, however, found an increase in voter turnout from Mail - In ballots.
FYI - In Washington State, voters AND candidates do NOT have to " Vote The Party " or declare any particular party affiliation in elections. No " D " - " R " - or " I ", just "A"merican... Very Happy
DaveVan

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fight....but how could you begin to audit 329 Million ballots if we go nationwide as suggested??? It scares me no matter your leaning. Scan all signatures and compare to what??? Then here in my county we are so rural many do not have formal addresses. They just pick up mail at PO or RFD box. I don't claim to know the fix........I thank GOD that we in WV have to show up at a poll, show a state or fed picture ID and then vote on a machine that is NOT connected to anything like the internet.
And yes...we have early voting by absentee, and when you make this choice your name is removed from the polling place rolls so you can not vote twice and they have a automatic audit the real person voted and only once.
But we are backwards Hill Billys!
odcics2

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveVan wrote:
Not a fight....but how could you begin to audit 329 Million ballots if we go nationwide as suggested???

Each state does their own audits???
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per thread originators request, this thread has been locked.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: