Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What would you do?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hemiman_1999

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 9:56 am    Post subject: What would you do? Reply with quote

Hi guys I hope everyone is staying healthy and safe. I would like to get your thoughts on this. I have started the Baker Olds by Salvino, I HATE to Mask anything even though on this car I do have a Paint mask from Salvino's I still don't want to do it because 90% of the time I get bleed under the tape or don't get something right and end up stripping the part. So I have decided once again to do it using a decal I will do the bottom Black part of the car as a one decal I have already printed up a couple for testing so and they look good now it will be the install part and let it dry to make sure it lays down properly and I normally have a friend that also takes one and installs it on one of his so I have more than one opinion. My question is this on this car if I make the decal available would anyone else use it I will be handling the Salvino Vermilion decals for the Petty cars as well when they come out but those with that color are in a class by themselves so I don't count those..
1fozziebear

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES!

May I make suggestion and to add a few little bits of decal in case we have a problem on a curve or the rear 1/4 panel bulge. It would basically be a bit of filler so another sheet isn't required. I hate masking......
bangor boy

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would probably wait until you get those long-promised '61 Ned Jarrett decals done.

Nudge, nudge.
Pat Redmond
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, please.
hemiman_1999

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Decal that I have done for my own use has more than enough spare decal material I should say it will go from the top of the line by the windows and be much longer than the rocker panels needs the front and rear are done to match the body lines and be correct for the kit stripping that breaks the two colors, plus the wheel wells need to be cut out. I learned when I redid the decal for the old MPC Kar Kare Chevelle that the best way to do it is to do the whole side apply it use setting solution let it settle as that is happening cut the wheel opening leaving a lot of material around it let it then settle over night, then do the final trim and more setting solution around the wheel wheels and bottom if needed to finish the job. makes it look like it was painted or at least I think so..
As for the Jarret decal It is half done but to be frank with just selling one of the 62s I don't know if it will be an item that will be moved to the front of the list for a while....To be honest with you stock car decals are mostly dead items both NASCAR and short track. as an example I just listed a Dave Strickler 60 Corvette it sold 21 items in 24 hours and almost 100 in the first week Drag Car stuff is so much more then stock cars I just don't know about doing anything that's why I asked about this one aside from the fact I did it for myself I had no plans to release it to the public but thought I would ask it may help some people but I do not think it will sell more than 20-25 copies total....I will post pics later this week or early next week of the decal and finished body. Illinois (Where I live) is opening up Friday my wife (The Traveler) is chomping at the bit so to speak we have time shares in Vegas and Florida and she want to go NOW it is driving her nuts to stay home.....
Orangeastre

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be down for a set or two.
Steve Salhany

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd definitely be in for a set of those Baker decals. Any time I can avoid masking paint I do so. Laughing
Pat Redmond
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Salhany wrote:
I'd definitely be in for a set of those Baker decals. Any time I can avoid masking paint I do so. Laughing

Truth. Embarassed Laughing
Taz

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be in for the 61 Jarrett decals, maybe two depending on bleed through.

Ron
hemiman_1999

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Taz My decals should not have any bleed through for example on the Jarret decal the whole decal is under layered with a white layer then the white items get a second layer of white then a third layer of Opaque White the colors themselves are made up of three layers of color on top of the white underlay, metallic's have a base layer then the color, Foils like Gold or Chrome will end up with 2 underlying layers before the foil is put on..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: