Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1985 Darrell Waltrip Champion Budweiser Monte Carlo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjsipes

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject: 1985 Darrell Waltrip Champion Budweiser Monte Carlo Reply with quote

Finally finished. Had issues with this along the way. Tamiya Italian Red, Testors White, Tamiya Clear. Powerslide decals. The decals wouldn't stick, had issues with the pinstripe decals not laying down around the the top of the nose. Thought I would try the Pledge (Future) Gloss Clear to see if that would seal the decals. First time using it. Sides look great but the hood, roof and decklid didn't layout correctly. Windshield didn't want to fit , got another one and that was almost to small for the opening. Calling this done. Not fully happy with it.

Bill J

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks very nice to me, nice. work all around
Dan Belcher

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite all the struggles, it looks beautiful!
WR

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great, I have been having trouble with the powerslide decals staying on after about a month or so the edges want to start peeling up. I use solviset on them when I apply them but still having trouble.
Mack

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's actually a tough paint job to nail down. You did a fine job on it. Looks great!!
bangor boy

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outstanding work.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.J. you doth protest too much. Looks like a mighty fine model where I'm sitting. I Like the grille treatment and the rear spoiler treatment, and that's a new one on me, having powerslide decals that did not stick. I thought they were the industry standard for decals. Were they possibly stored for a long time not in an air tight enviroment? Sorry for your difficulties, but if you hadn't told us , we would think this one went off with out a hitch. Really a beautiful build.
jjsipes

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkJ wrote:
J.J. you doth protest too much. Looks like a mighty fine model where I'm sitting. I Like the grille treatment and the rear spoiler treatment, and that's a new one on me, having powerslide decals that did not stick. I thought they were the industry standard for decals. Were they possibly stored for a long time not in an air tight enviroment? Sorry for your difficulties, but if you hadn't told us , we would think this one went off with out a hitch. Really a beautiful build.

Thanks Mark. I can't really say what happened because I'm not sure how long I have had these decals. I do know that I have started Bill Elliott's '88 Championship car and am having the same issue and I just got the decals from Mike. I can say how ever that I also have Rusty Wallace '89 Championship car in the works and have completed the decal work on that one and everything went smoothly using Mike's decals. The only differences were Tamiya Clear on the Waltrip and Elliott cars and just Testors White on the Wallace car. Not sure what to make of it.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjsipes wrote:
MarkJ wrote:

Thanks Mark. I can't really say what happened because I'm not sure how long I have had these decals. I do know that I have started Bill Elliott's '88 Championship car and am having the same issue and I just got the decals from Mike. I can say how ever that I also have Rusty Wallace '89 Championship car in the works and have completed the decal work on that one and everything went smoothly using Mike's decals. The only differences were Tamiya Clear on the Waltrip and Elliott cars and just Testors White on the Wallace car. Not sure what to make of it.

That is weird, but the build still came out great.
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice build but... now I'm going to have frogs in my head all day!! (And now you will too) Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: