Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shorty Rollins 60 Ford

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Clements Sr

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 1:06 am    Post subject: Shorty Rollins 60 Ford Reply with quote

I need help. I'm helping the man who owns and has restored the actual car that Shorty Rollins drove in the 1960 Daytona 500. It is a 1960 Ford, it was silver # 81. We need for someone to show us what decals to make. The only photos we have are from different races and sometimes stickers were ripped off by fans. If this post is in the wrong spot, please move it but please also tell me where it went, which heading to post this sort of thing in. thanks.mc
Taz

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, I can't help with the Rollins car but very pleased to see you posting again. I hope you share more of your memories with us, really miss the old group!

Ron
hemiman_1999

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike if you do a internet search there are several color pics of his 60 Ford that pop up
spooker

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best I found:

txtom

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, this is a longshot, but there is a Jarret Rollins in Corpus that is/was involved in racing. I believe is the same family. There is a family business that Jarret is tied to in Corpus called Rollins fence Company. I dont have a contact, but you can google the fence company and maybe get someone from there.

Tom
Mike Clements Sr

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 9:37 pm    Post subject: Shorty Rollins 60 Ford Reply with quote

WOW, Thanks for all the info. Several good leads there and I will check them all out. Jim Bray is the gentleman who owns and restored the car. I have seen it and I can tell he had a BIG job there. Cars that old get rusty and yucky, etc. He is trying to do the car like it was in the 60 Daytona 500. I found 1 photo of it and it was taken from the front. No good there Crying or Very sad
Jim bought the 62 Chevy from My Dad and Rex. He ran the first Atlanta race in '63. Man, has he got the racing stories. THanks. mc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: