Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Acrylic paint

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sentsat71

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 9:42 am    Post subject: Acrylic paint Reply with quote

Both Tamyia and Testors, how well do they hold up in the jars? Have some that I bought anywhere from 2006 to 2012. Some have been opened, but have not tried opening any just yet.
Right now I would be bush painting various small parts from AMT and R/M sprint car frames to kit engines and other small parts.

And maybe even brush painting larger pieces.
Have no place to spray paint from rattle cans, no paint booth, and no air brush...

TIA
james220

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some Tamiya bottle paint that I have had for several years, 5 are more, have kept the lid tight and it works just fine. Just make sure you give it a real good stir. Might need to add a little thinner. I'm not sure about the Testors acrylic. I do all my spraying outside with rattle can paint. Usually comes out ok. I have also found that the Tamiya foam backed sanding pads work great for sanding. I can get a pretty slick paint job out of outside spraying and sanding with various grade sanding pads. I usually don't clear coat the paint unless it's Testors two step lacquer which does dry sorta flat. Just don't use the clear coat for the two step stuff on anything else it doesn't work as well as their regular clear coat product. I don't get contest winning paint jobs but it looks pretty good when decaled an I'm satisfied.
sentsat71

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, James220
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: