Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Harry Gant 1983

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
sebss



Joined: 19 Jan 2019
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:45 am    Post subject: Harry Gant 1983 Reply with quote

any one here have any info aout this Harry Gant ride
1983 monte carlo no aero back car
what race,promo car ...
i will make is the only picture a found
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jjsipes



Joined: 29 Jan 2018
Posts: 107

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so sure that is the paint scheme from 1983. That appears to be from 1985. If you look close the car has the roof being green. The 1983 car had an all white roof I believe.

Here's another shot of the car.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g49365-d3196740-i99650064-Memory_Lane_Museum-Mooresville_North_Carolina.html

This website shows it's from the 1985 Champion Spark Plug 400 at Michigan
http://www.carsandracingstuff.com/library/g/gantharry.php
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Radar43



Joined: 30 Jan 2018
Posts: 178

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:07 am    Post subject: #33 Reply with quote

The car shown is a 1985 car. That car could also have ran with a green and white hood. Lots of pics on the web. Search for Harry Gant NASCAR. Mikes Decals will have the decals you need. The color is Forest Green. Rustoleum makes this color. Good luck.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
sebss



Joined: 19 Jan 2019
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: #33 Reply with quote

Radar43 wrote:
The car shown is a 1985 car. That car could also have ran with a green and white hood. Lots of pics on the web. Search for Harry Gant NASCAR. Mikes Decals will have the decals you need. The color is Forest Green. Rustoleum makes this color. Good luck.


thanks a lot i just odered the decal 3 days ago
and thanks for the color match
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Radar43



Joined: 30 Jan 2018
Posts: 178

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:06 pm    Post subject: color Reply with quote

Sorry I told you the incorrect color earlier. The correct color is Kelly Green. Sorry about that. I went to my stash and found I was wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
sebss



Joined: 19 Jan 2019
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: color Reply with quote

Radar43 wrote:
Sorry I told you the incorrect color earlier. The correct color is Kelly Green. Sorry about that. I went to my stash and found I was wrong.


still the same brand ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Radar43



Joined: 30 Jan 2018
Posts: 178

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:54 pm    Post subject: Paint Reply with quote

It`s a Wal-Mart brand.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Sundance



Joined: 31 Jan 2018
Posts: 78
Location: Florissant, MO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:01 pm    Post subject: If that is the same car I saw Reply with quote

a few years ago at Memory Lane Museum in Mooresville, NC. I can tell you more.

It was a used up car short track car that was campaigned by Harry Gant. This particular car was upgraded and used by Hal Needham in the Pan American Rally in the early 90s. There is a poster inside describing it. I'll see if I can find any of my pictures taken about 2005 or so. It is basically parked as it was raced in the rally.

I am pretty sure it is the same car, as they placed a big tach on the dash for the rally. I think I can see it in the pic.
_________________
Two of my favorite things, a lovely blond and a Dodge Charger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sebss



Joined: 19 Jan 2019
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: If that is the same car I saw Reply with quote

Sundance wrote:
a few years ago at Memory Lane Museum in Mooresville, NC. I can tell you more.

It was a used up car short track car that was campaigned by Harry Gant. This particular car was upgraded and used by Hal Needham in the Pan American Rally in the early 90s. There is a poster inside describing it. I'll see if I can find any of my pictures taken about 2005 or so. It is basically parked as it was raced in the rally.

I am pretty sure it is the same car, as they placed a big tach on the dash for the rally. I think I can see it in the pic.


sweet i hope you found some ,thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sundance



Joined: 31 Jan 2018
Posts: 78
Location: Florissant, MO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:54 pm    Post subject: I found them Reply with quote

Here they are. Unfortunately I cannot find the pic of the poster inside the car (you can kinda see it in there). The poster had more info on it.










_________________
Two of my favorite things, a lovely blond and a Dodge Charger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sundance



Joined: 31 Jan 2018
Posts: 78
Location: Florissant, MO

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:33 am    Post subject: And for some intrigue Reply with quote

I started researching the race that supposedly he won. There is no reference in his biography, Wikipedia, racing stats of him even participating in this race.

So did he win, did he race? I know he participated in the Cannonball Run. Could this have been the car he used in that?

Again, I know the poster inside the car has more information on it but I cannot remember what it said. Maybe someone else has a pic of the poster. I could not find any pictures of the car participating the Mexican race. Anyone out there want to do some research.....
_________________
Two of my favorite things, a lovely blond and a Dodge Charger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
George Andrews



Joined: 30 Jan 2018
Posts: 282

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hal Needham only participated in the last true Cannonball Run in 1979. He was one of the " Ambulance Drivers ", along with CBBSTSMTD founder Brock Yates. Their " patient " was Brock's wife, Lady Pamela. It was not the same Dodge Van Yates used in previous runnings of The Cannonball, though it did suffer terminal transmission problems. ( One of the more accurately portrayed story lines in the Burt Reynolds - Dom DeLuise movie Cannonball Run, which was directed by Needham. )
The stock car used in the movie was a former Hoss Ellington / Hawaiian Tropic Chevy Laguna S-3, which mysteriously became a street - legal version for the Car - into - the - Hotel - pool scene.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sebss



Joined: 19 Jan 2019
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks a lot for those picture
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rm21



Joined: 11 Nov 2019
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Andrews wrote:
Hal Needham only participated in the last true Cannonball Run in 1979. He was one of the " Ambulance Drivers ", along with CBBSTSMTD founder Brock Yates. Their " patient " was Brock's wife, Lady Pamela. It was not the same Dodge Van Yates used in previous runnings of The Cannonball, though it did suffer terminal transmission problems. ( One of the more accurately portrayed story lines in the Burt Reynolds - Dom DeLuise movie Cannonball Run, which was directed by Needham. )
The stock car used in the movie was a former Hoss Ellington / Hawaiian Tropic Chevy Laguna S-3, which mysteriously became a street - legal version for the Car - into - the - Hotel - pool scene.


Um, not quite. The Hawaiian Tropic car in the movie was a street legal car the entire movie. It was never an actual stock car, and certainly never a former Hoss Ellington car.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
George Andrews



Joined: 30 Jan 2018
Posts: 282

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'll go with that. It's been a loonngg time since I've seen the movie. Embarassed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group