Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

contingency id help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcis diecaster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:57 pm    Post subject: contingency id help. Reply with quote

https://flic.kr/p/2iP3UJn
rear panel behind simoniz ? below gas intake.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could they have possibly put another "ingersoll rand" decal back there like the one on the front fender in front of the front wheel opening. it looks red and square.
Marcis diecaster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

or possibly a winston decal. I didn't see it in front, and he displayed it on other cars in this year set? One of those annoying details I hate to guess about. This is also the only shot of this car I could find. Dang that obscure Dave!
Brandon Miller

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Winston decal too. I looked through some other places I go to for images and couldn't find anything else.
George Andrews

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It DOES look like the OLD Winston " Pack of Cigarettes " door decal, though that decal was superseded by the horizontal Winston decal by 1981. It also looks a bit like the 7 - 11 contingency decal of that era. The Ingersoll - Rand decal is a good guess too.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its kinda small but I think this is it.

Kyle Petty also had it on his 84 ford placed on the quarter panel just like the The Marcis Pontiac had it. I found it in my umi nascar book for 1984. Its about the only other red decal besides ingersoll rand that was used in 1984 from what i could determine. There are some Kyle Petty decal sheets that have it on the sheet.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome.
Marcis diecaster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, I suspect you could be correct on this, but a few issues cloud my judgement. I saw this decal on petty's blue and white 84 Michigan car, and it was where you said it was, but contingency stickers are usually sized the same, and this one seems too square and large. Also, Dave was a regular with his sponsors, and I know he could have one offed, but his gang of stickers is pretty consistent car to car, and year to year. I will admit, it very well could be the right one, but now I'm on a mission to contact Dave and see if he has any archived pics. Or if he'll give me a referral to someone who took pics. I would like to find more pics of his Brachs candy, and Eskimo pie cars as well. Thanks again for replying to my post.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcis diecaster wrote:
Mark, I suspect you could be correct on this, but a few issues cloud my judgement. I saw this decal on petty's blue and white 84 Michigan car, and it was where you said it was, but contingency stickers are usually sized the same, and this one seems too square and large. Also, Dave was a regular with his sponsors, and I know he could have one offed, but his gang of stickers is pretty consistent car to car, and year to year. I will admit, it very well could be the right one, but now I'm on a mission to contact Dave and see if he has any archived pics. Or if he'll give me a referral to someone who took pics. I would like to find more pics of his Brachs candy, and Eskimo pie cars as well. Thanks again for replying to my post.

Good Luck. I know a guy on twitter who helped me on a contengency once. He is a big time Nascar photographer. maybe he has a picture of the quarter panel of daves car. Like I said I think it might be this but i'm not 100% sure.
George Andrews

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While Dave Marcis may have been regular with his sponsors, this contingency issue also may involve RAHMOC Racing, the owner of the # 75 car Dave drove in 1984.
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubt this will help but, worth a try.

MarkJ

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.D. I checked with Don Smyle of Smyle Media. He checked his digitized files and could only find a Robert Harrington Simoniz Buick that Tom Sneva drove. I doubt if it would have the decal your looking for. I was at my wits end trying to find a decal on Seniors Cardinal Tractor Ford from the 78 World 600. He sent me a close up shot of the front fender and there it was. I would have never found it without his help.

MarkJ

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don got back with me and told me some history on this car. Tom Sneva failed to qualify for the Daytona 500 so Marcis got the sponsorship put on his Pontiac. sadly he finished last after only 3 laps completed. He's going to look for some more files and try to figure out what that decal is.
Marcis diecaster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thank you in advance for the effort put forth. I know it's kind of geeky that I would fuss over such an insignificant detail on an impossibly obscure car, but there you go.I have gotten so much enjoyment out of this forum, and the knowledge shared.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcis diecaster wrote:
I thank you in advance for the effort put forth. I know it's kind of geeky that I would fuss over such an insignificant detail on an impossibly obscure car, but there you go.I have gotten so much enjoyment out of this forum, and the knowledge shared.

Once i get started on a decal search I get ridiculous with it. I share your love for obscure cars. this is going to be a great replica when you get through with it and maybe a one of a kind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: