Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

April fools is coming and this year I want some opinions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:11 pm    Post subject: April fools is coming and this year I want some opinions. Reply with quote

Our family is pretty big on the whole April fools day thing. All except Abby. She's never really been on board and there have been a couple... misfires we'll call them. (Lawsuit just sounds so harsh) At any rate, a few months back I found a creepy photo of the Cheshire cat doing his disappearing act at night.

THOROUGHLY creeps her out! I mean seriously, I've seen her go wide around the room and she's asked me before to change it or leave a page open over it! Worse yet, my monitor faces the door which I am forever forgetting to close. It creeped out our Beagle Miss Kitty too. (I know, we also have a cat named Fido.) So it ensure she won't be on my computer at the least.

So here's where I need the advice. We have a friend whose birthday just happens to coincide with April 1st. (Every year it seems) He's also an electronics whiz. See where I'm going with this? As a complete bad influence on myself and the kids, she does not like Greg and won't be attending his get together. While everyone's out of the house, I want to rig something up so when she goes in to clean, it whispers "Hello". Now the downside here is, I may very well end up cleaning and or replacing more of my office than I want to but... Should I do it? Very Happy
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One guiding principle......"Happy wife happy life"
Bill J

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, think of the wife as SWMBO and at most times that advice will keep you out of trouble. SWMBO, in case you're not familiar with the term, means She Who Must Be Obeyed.

While you are free to take any path you chose, be advised that there may be consequences, just saying Smile
spooker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How badly do you want/need a new office?
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get it guys but… maybe a bit of provenance? You see, the first morning of our honeymoon, I awoke to find her gone and the bulk of my half of the bed covered in chocolate pudding. (I was covered pretty well too) I found her in the kitchenette laughing her behind off.

SO... still think I should leave it alone? Twisted Evil
gks1964

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A wise man would tread lightly.

Gerald
spooker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdamtheWayne wrote:
I get it guys but… maybe a bit of provenance? You see, the first morning of our honeymoon, I awoke to find her gone and the bulk of my half of the bed covered in chocolate pudding. (I was covered pretty well too) I found her in the kitchenette laughing her behind off.

Given her sense of humor back then, how about a couple of quarts of molasses on her side of the bed? I do think some revenge is called for!
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spooker wrote:
AdamtheWayne wrote:

Given her sense of humor back then, how about a couple of quarts of molasses on her side of the bed? I do think some revenge is called for!
I kinda like that suggestion. Smile
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So here's how it went...

We were separated for April fools and I figured that was that. Early yesterday morning (The first, BEFORE I'm used to getting up!) the phone rings. Verbatim-

HER: "Morning babe. Is the house trashed?"

ME: (?!) How does she know!? "From one end to the other!" I said with a bit of smirk.

HER: "You have 24 hours to right that ship. It better be straightened up when I get home. Love you." And she hung up!

Okay so... she's right. The house was a complete mess. I did the dishes first, then started on our bedroom and bathroom. Don't touch the boy's room (nobody wants to anyway) Clean the common bathroom, finish the kitchen, don't bother the girl's room (No need, Alexa is neat as a pin) Start on the living room. Halfway through the living room... the phone rings.

ME: "Hello?"

HER: "How's the house cleaning going?"

ME: With a certain amount of pride I said "Almost done! I can relax until you get home tomorrow."

HER: "I still don't get home until saturday babe."

ME: "But... you said I had 24 hours, it had to be..."

HER: "NOooo... I said you had twenty four hours to right that ship. Then I said it better be straightened up when I get home you APRIL FOOL YOU!"

She had me! Caught between the subtext and the inference!

Happy wife, happy life MY FOOT!
gks1964

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you put to much thought into this! When you over think, you leave yourself exposed for the sneak attack!! All harmless fun!!

Gerald
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gks1964 wrote:
I think you put to much thought into this! When you over think, you leave yourself exposed for the sneak attack!! All harmless fun!!

Gerald
She put just the right amount into it though. Laughing Caught me half asleep to set the trap, wide awake to spring it! She's classic man.
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

..applause ..applause ..applause
Pat Redmond
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing ..applause ..applause ..applause
spooker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, she's good! Just remember, you won't get any better unless you compete against the best!
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spooker wrote:
Wow, she's good! Just remember, you won't get any better unless you compete against the best!
"Ta BE the BEST, you gotta BEAT the best, brother, WOOO! Sixteen times world champion baby!"

"Mr. Flair, you won the championship sixteen times?"

That's right baby! Woooo!"

"Then doesn't that mean you lost it seventeen times?"

(Cue sad trombone.)

I bow to her greatness fellas. She won this round fair and square and the best part? I still get to sleep in the bedroom. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: