Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We need to be careful...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:44 pm    Post subject: We need to be careful... Reply with quote

Folks, this disease in our country is no joke. It's not the flu.....way worse. I have a close friend that likely has this (won't know till tomorrow) and he is in ROUGH shape. Same age as me, 66 years old. We are old high school buddies. Take care of yourself and be mindful that your actions can help or endanger others as well as yourself. It's not fun and definitely hampering life as we know it. Be smart and be safe.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I;m kinda a germ-a-phob and have been doing many of the things the Govmt has been saying for years. I am north of 60, conic health condition and I can't take a flu shot. So I am borderline OCD with hand washing and hand sanitizers.
That said......we need to do what has been suggested to limit spread.
But do you know how many US citizen dies from the FLU in 2019??? Per the CDC 61,000 died. And it was all ages....infants to folks in their 90's or older.
This current virus has killed about 50 folks, very sad but yet to be close to the FLU. And the vast majority were folks already very sick.
Bottom line is we all need to so what we should have been doing all along. The panic is much more deadly than the virus right now.
For right now, 'social separation' is the norm.
What we all need to do from now and forever......wash hands, take care of yourself and keep in mind others around you.
And again no panic. We'll beat this if we act like folks with a brain.
Thanks
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave I hate to disagree but while this virus has killed less people in the US than the flu (at this point), the death rate for covid-19 is substantially higher than the flu. If the same number of people catch this virus as have caught the flu we are looking at a death toll of over 500,000. I'm not looking to start an argument but I ask that everyone be safe. Do your research and draw your own conclusions.
BVAUGHN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per data shown on TV last nite mortality rate was 1.9%
Bill
DaveVan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a retired analyst married to the head of the local hospital ER I have done my research. I have no desire to argue about it either......
Why no panic over 61,000 deaths last year???
I think you misunderstand my stance......we should have been doing all these precautions all along. We do in our house......have for years.
Why did no one care before? Why the panic now? I don't understand.

Last edited by DaveVan on Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
jpaul7

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think there is something more to this than they are telling us.
Wood Brothers Junkie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree there is an issue to address, but to lock down the hold world? Really. The fact of life there is death, but we need to take care of ourselves, don't get me wrong. I am 60 and in the same great health as if I were 40, the concern I would have is , if I got it, would I know? Or would;d I spread it because I feel like I have a cold. We need to compare this to other issues of the past to see how bad it really is. Will closing the country really help that much? We will see and then find find out how bad it hit our economy.
Mack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What strikes me as peculiar is the fact in 2009 over 12,000 US citizens died from the swine flu, yet we didn't cease to function? I, like Dave and Dennis have no desire to argue nor to debate this. It's just peculiar at the different response.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/swine-flu-8-facts-about-the-world-s-last-pandemic-in-2009.html

read for yourselves.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr Dew say it all.................
https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/status/1239765070671826946?s=20
gks1964

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveVan wrote:
Dr Dew say it all.................
https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/status/1239765070671826946?s=20

DITTO!!!!!
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me this is real. My best friend is currently in the ICU on a vent from presumed COVID-19. He is in bad bad shape. We went to high school together, play golf together. He is 66 years old and in good health. His chances of making it are slim. He was working his "retirement" job out of town the last two weeks when he picked this up. I talked to him last week and he said his hands were raw from all the washing and hand sanitizer. For me this is not some unknown guy they talk about on the news. This is my best friend.
Bill J

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am 72 and will be 73 in a few weeks. So I have some concerns. I did get the pneumonia shots and a flu shot this season, which I normally skip, Probably not much protection from this coronavirus thing but a few less things to worry about.

What concerns me is the panic buying people have been doing. Apparently started by media people providing poor information. If you go to any grocery store you will find many shelves are bare and there seems to be some arbitrary price increases on items that are in stock. While there was once huge racks of essentials like toilet paper, those shelves are now bare with the possibility of weeks to months before there is more.

All the panic buying has a serious effect on people that shop weekly and buy what they need to eat and to live. Those hoarders have created a hazard for many regular shoppers and show no consideration for others health, safety or comfort.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll pray your friend recovers. If he has no chronic heath issues the recovery rate in the US is better than most.
I do not feel Drew said this virus was fake in any way......like he stated 20,000 flu deaths this year was not panic worthy why now??
I also agree that he stated panic does us zero good in fighting this.

Tin foil hate warning:
I fear this will be used as an excuse for the govmt to take more control over our lives.....when and where we travel, buy or meet. We'll see......
Mack

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis O wrote:
For me this is real. My best friend is currently in the ICU on a vent from presumed COVID-19. He is in bad bad shape. We went to high school together, play golf together. He is 66 years old and in good health. His chances of making it are slim. He was working his "retirement" job out of town the last two weeks when he picked this up. I talked to him last week and he said his hands were raw from all the washing and hand sanitizer. For me this is not some unknown guy they talk about on the news. This is my best friend.

Sorry to hear about your friend. I pray he has a full recovery. A buddy of mine called this morning to inform me he was in a meeting last Thursday with a guy the tested positive Saturday. He let me know because we had lunch yesterday. We'll see what takes place.
BVAUGHN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So so true about the grocery stores. I buy groceries at Publix on Wednesday . only item out of stock was hand sanitizer. Went back Saturday to get couple items. NO toilet papers , paper towels, wipes, lysol and disinfectant and bleach. Last nite had to go to 4 places to find hot dog 5th buns. Today, out of rice, spaghetti , hamburger, but at least bread and paper towels back in stock. Publix was limiting quite a few items on how many you can buy. Closing earlier so have time to restock before next day. A lot of panic buying. People so afraid government going to shut down everything for several weeks.
Bill
Sundance

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:22 pm    Post subject: My 2 cents Reply with quote

Since I am quasi retired from the health care field and currently recovering from a heart attach, I am self quarantining.

Like Dave Van, I am puzzled at the response to this thing. The numbers are not adding up. People, except those in the high risk group, who have had this thing say they have had worse cases of the regular flu. THe regular flu last year caused many more deaths and cases yet we didn't close borders, banned gatherings, etc. There is a piece missing here, a big one I suspect. Is it the flu is much worse (like swine, ebola, etc) and they are not willing to tell us? Is there a no medical reason? I don't know but just cannot wrap my head around the response. NOt only this, look at how people are responding, hoarding etc.

What is that piece? I have no idea, but the response certainly does not seem to match the general description of the symptoms. We did not react this way with the ebola, which had a 95% or so mortality rate. It is likely that about 10% of small businesses with close as a result of this mess. Banning groups of 50 or more together? Who knows what effect that will have. Besides, it will take more than a couple of weeks for the covi19 to subside. It may take months. How many folks can go without work/income for a couple of months? ANy flu season seems to last 3-4 months. Why would this one only last a couple? What is worth risking destroying so many peoples lives and finances?

Perhaps the governments are doing the right thing. I just don't know.
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the kindest thing I thought I could for my 90 yr old Mother. I disconnected her Dish. She has been sitting for two weeks now listening to and watching hype and hysteria. Worrying and wishing. This is the worst part because the virus has infected the airwaves with itself, 24-7. Folks who weren't panicky to begin with are getting so. I just keep telling myself something Grandad used to say. "Worry has never once solved a problem but, it has been known to create bigger ones."

We all know what we need to do and heaven help those who ignore, such as scads of spring breakers (ahem!). Keep to home, keep body and home clean, get what you can as you need. Nobody needs 5 cases of paper towels! (Although I could do with about four rolls right now!)

Just don't fall to the fear and keep a heightened awareness of your hygiene, especially when forced to touch public doors etcetera. I'd love to throw in a trope about don't touch your face but, come on, that's nearly impossible for anyone without the concentration of a monk! SO? Simply wash it a little more often than you normally do. Those wipes at the entrance to Walmart are a great idea but, don't bother swiping a half dozen, they dry out really quick! Confused

Another good idea is before any symptoms or even question that you MIGHT have it, look up the closest place to your area to get tested. Forewarned is forearmed. Stay healthy all and we'll all meet on the other side of this thing.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEP!! ..agree
OldTrucker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BVAUGHN wrote:
Per data shown on TV last nite mortality rate was 1.9%
Bill

Not to ty and make it sound less dangerous because this is highly dangerous and should be treated as such.
The problem is they have no idea how many have actually had it and have never been officially diagnosed. That would bring that percentage down quite a bit.
Now if they can convince the young folk that while they may feel invincible, they are not and their careless attitude can lead to the illness and or death of their older family members and others who are health compromised!
DaveVan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add to it some on the task force say some kids and teens had it, spread it, but never knew it! Shocked
Jim N

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The politicians in Washington and their behavior should give a clue that this is very serious. For the past 20 years or so, they could hardly agree on the time of day. Now they are suddenly working together to try and mitigate this as best they can.

This is an election year and politicians from both parties are in agreement that the economy has to be largely shut down so that the health care system does not get overwhelmed.

Others have noted the flu, swine flu and what not. Our health care system deals with the flu every year. There is a long data set and they can predict with reasonable confidence how many people will get sick. The swine flu problem of 10 years ago was not the first time we dealt with the swine flu. The health care system could go through the history and figure out how to deal with the illness.

With the Corona Virus, there is no known cure and it is highly contagious. The federal government is sending military hospital ships to New York and San Francisco (I believe) because there may not be enough hospital beds to deal with the illnesses.

The hoarding bit I do not get, but in uncertain times, people tend to behave irrationally. But when the mayor of New York is considering confining everybody to their homes for at least a few weeks, except for a few activities, people must have groceries to make it for a period of time in case they are not allowed in public.

Hopefully in a couple of months, we can return to living the way we are accustomed, but until then, it will not be business as usual.
bangor boy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Social distancing doesn't apply everywhere. People lining up for guns and ammo in Long Beach.

AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That saddens me. Not the fact that people are trying to protect themselves or excersize their constitutional rights, but the fact they're doing it out of fear. The reasoning is all messed up and short sighted and the worst part is, at least half of them will never get training. I'd be willing to bet the accidental, self shot rate will go up.
Mack

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdamtheWayne wrote:
That saddens me. Not the fact that people are trying to protect themselves or excersize their constitutional rights, but the fact they're doing it out of fear. The reasoning is all messed up and short sighted and the worst part is, at least half of them will never get training. I'd be willing to bet the accidental, self shot rate will go up.

I guess I can kinda gather what they're thinking. Maybe it's the area they live in or something like that. Who Knows? I've been thinking about a lot of things moving forward, guns and ammo aren't at the top of my list. And this is from a guy that firmly supports the 2nd Amendment. Fear and paranoia are not great ingredients in decision making.
bangor boy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When people who don't give the first flying fork about the polarized politics of the US talk about this health issue, here's the sort of coverage generated:

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1712048707570

We're likely in this situation for the next two years.

Yeah, I know. Journalists.

I'm one. And everyone I've ever been connected with, whether at local, community weekly or major daily newspapers or international wire services, has been nothing but exemplary in their commitment to bringing the highest standard of excellence and accuracy in the reporting work they've done.

Just about everything ever produced by the people I've worked with would stand up to the staunchest factual scrutiny and legal challenges. Because every story I saw get published was given the highest standard of editorial scrutiny so that expensive lawyers wouldn't have to be called in after the fact.

Believe me. When my publishers and their lawyers were stoking the coals over an inaccurate story, one that might result in slander or defamation charges, you didn't want to feel that heat. Careers went up in flames quite quickly when that happened because mis-reported stories were expensive to correct.

Journalism is a business. The bottom line matters. Quality journalism isn't nearly as expensive as cheap bullspit.

So, if you don't like what you're reading, don't shoot the messenger.
octopusmotor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earlier in this life I was a journalist, and the last 20 years I've taught journalism at the college level. I've had many occasions to speak with those still working in the trade, as well as news directors and station general managers, and the good ones take their work very seriously because, as the post above alluded to, they know what's at stake.

What worries me is that the power of suggestion and rumor and misinformation, disseminated through sources that aren't checked and sourced, by people who don't fact-check it (or don't know how to, or in some cases don't care because they're either lazy and/or they have an axe to grind and/or they just want to stir the pot) before they spread it. This is as old as humanity itself, but today's means of communication can spread panic instantly with a click. Next thing you know, you can't find toilet paper or black beans or chicken because people are panic-hoarding because of this giant game of Telephone. And then one thing leads to another, and another, and so on, and chaos ensues and people get hurt.

I have watched all of this unfold and it's made me think, yet again, about one of my favorite Twilight Zone episodes, "The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street." How easily panic can make us stop using our heads, arouse our suspicions, and turn us from neighbors into enemies.

My hope is that when the record is finally written on this moment in time, we can look back on what we did in this moment, and not feel remorse. That is my hope, at least.

Jodie Peeler
spooker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

octopusmotor wrote:

I have watched all of this unfold and it's made me think, yet again, about one of my favorite Twilight Zone episodes, "The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street." How easily panic can make us stop using our heads, arouse our suspicions, and turn us from neighbors into enemies.

Jodie Peeler

Amen, Jodie! Hopefully we won't end up with "Time Enough at Last"!

Brian
Mack

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the modern world there's lots of folks that no longer trust journalist. Unfortunately in some cases they're all painted with the same brush. Could it have been brought about by Dan Rathers out and out lying about President Bush's Naional Guard service? Brian Williams liberties with the truth? The daily onslaught of the Russian meddling hoax? $25-30 million spent for nothing? On the national level they seem to be in lock step with an identical narrative. I never watch any newscast, haven't in years. Print media is all but dead. There are reliable sources out there. Very few though. It all seems agenda driven to me.
gks1964

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mack wrote:
In the modern world there's lots of folks that no longer trust journalist. Unfortunately in some cases they're all painted with the same brush. Could it have been brought about by Dan Rathers out and out lying about President Bush's Naional Guard service? Brian Williams liberties with the truth? The daily onslaught of the Russian meddling hoax? $25-30 million spent for nothing? On the national level they seem to be in lock step with an identical narrative. I never watch any newscast, haven't in years. Print media is all but dead. There are reliable sources out there. Very few though. It all seems agenda driven to me.

AMEN!!
DaveVan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gks1964 wrote:
Mack wrote:

AMEN!!

X 2 with thanks!
BVAUGHN

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today's newscast are more concerned with being the first to air the story than getting the facts straight.
Bill
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else see the irony in the weather now being the most trustworthy gain from "News"?
Mack

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sums it up pretty well. No collusion here. No way they're all on the same script. Yeah, right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0LCTl3o2kY
Marcis diecaster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What no one seems to consider... this is a fire drill.
the reality of something worse is possible. let's throw something to the clueless American public and measure the response. Just sayin.
afx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we supposed to trust the White House?

FEB 28: "It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”
— Donald Trump

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/17/how-trump-shifted-his-tone-on-coronavirus-134246
Orangeastre

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcis diecaster wrote:
the reality of something worse is possible. let's throw something to the clueless American public and measure the response. Just sayin.

This may be the best truth spoken.

One can be a critical thinker, distrustful of mainstream media, and NOT be a conspiracy theorist.
Mack

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orangeastre wrote:
Marcis diecaster wrote:

This may be the best truth spoken.

One can be a critical thinker, distrustful of mainstream media, and NOT be a conspiracy theorist.

BINGO!!!!!!
Mack

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

afx wrote:
Are we supposed to trust the White House?

FEB 28: "It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”
— Donald Trump

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/17/how-trump-shifted-his-tone-on-coronavirus-134246

Either, or. They all have an agenda to promote. There is no unbiased reporting. And there will come a day when we're not all sitting at home. My hope is a vaccine will be discovered. My best guess is it will eventually. Sooner rather than later. The day will come when this will be behind us. So from that standpoint the President was right.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Trump or hate Trump it can not matter less to me.
But my years of working for a number of Fortune 100 companies he talks like every CEO I ever met with.
Leans toward the positive, inflates claims that are often inconsequential, is a bit dry and has an ego.
That said I back him during this time. Hoping against him is the same as hoping both the pilots on the plane you are on will fail in their duties.
I want all the folks I know, all family, everyone to get through this and go back to normal.
I Pray that will be sooner than later.
God bless you all.
Sundance

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:27 pm    Post subject: My thoughts on the media Reply with quote

Allow me to tell you a couple of events that I was directly involved in. Some 30 years ago, I was a police officer. In my town one night we had a murder in our city park. We'd only had 2 previous murders in our towns history so this was really unusual. The body was found by our shift sergeant at about 3am. The body had no id on it. He had been shot by a shotgun to the chest. When I came in at 6am, I was assigned desk duty for the major case squad (multidepartment group of detectives who look into such cases). I am getting many calls with tips which were pure fantasy. Remember we don't know who he is or why he's dead. About 3 hrs into this I get a call from another dept. They said they had a guy who walked into their dept and confessed to killing a guy in our town. I sent the detectives over and they brought him back and interrogated him. We had the tv on and the news was saying the dead guy was a known drug dealer, long wrap sheet and was killed in a drug deal, shot multiple times by multiple guns. Well......the truth is that the dead guy met a gal a local bar and was dancing with her. Her boyfriend shows up and the guy she was dancing with was the boyfriend's best friend. Mind you all three are drunk. Well the guys exchange I oughtas and agree to go to our park and duke it out. The boyfriend loses the fight and goes to his car (which the two rode in together)and gets the shotgun and shoots his best friend. The dead guy had no record at all, not even a ticket. The only thing the press got right was there was a dead guy in our park.

A yr or so later I was working night security a hospital. Along our road approaching our hospital I found a young man lying unconscious with a gunshot to the head. I called an ambulance who took him to our er where he woke up and got very I don't know anything. He had been shot 1 time in the head with a 22. The bullet did not go thru his skull but circled under the skin 2 times around his head. A short time later he left refusing treatment and refusing to tell the police anything. That morning I went home and watched the news. The media said that the police found him several miles away, the victim of rolling gun battle. The news said he had 12 gun shot wounds, was in ICU on a ventilator.

Remember the famous Dewey defeats Truman headline in the 40s. After OK City bombing the media was telling us they were looking for middle eastern suspects.

I have met a couple of good honest journalists, but they are rare. Generally, the more sensational they can make a story, they will. The truth damned.
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me this virus is real and it's scary. My lifelong friend did test positive. He was case #26 in Kentucky. He has been in the ICU since Monday night on a ventilator. His condition is not improving. His wife is locked up at home thru day 6 of the "will I get this" period. Her husband is unconscious, her sons cannot visit her in person. Every time we talk on the phone, we both cry. It's very real.
odcics2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over a thousand confirmed cases here in Michigan as I write this.

Received news this morning that Larry Rathgeb has the coronavirus and is in hospice.

We all know Larry - he was the head of the Chrysler Stock Car Program in the 60s.
Sundance

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:40 pm    Post subject: Prayers Reply with quote

To all those who have it and their families.
ENGINE28HAZMAT

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always try to stay out of these public convos with my job and what not. This is real, and not just for “older” Americans. It’s real on the fact that DC just had a 5yr old and an infant test positive, it’s real that it does affect our older population, it’s real that there are people in their 20s, 30s and 40s in ICU bc of this, and it’s real WE as a country DO NOT have enough supplies to protect those who are called to help. N95 masks are in high demand and short supply, because they, like any medical supply, have an expiration date, and up til this point, we had no major need to stock pile them so companies did not produce more than what was demanded at the time. Now, we are at a disadvantage (not gonna get into the shoulda, coulda,’s of fault). We were told, we have enough supplies for 40 days, and are using surgical masks (which CDC, WHO, and NIOSH say are ineffective) unless in extreme cases bc we don’t have enough and “something is better than nothing”. I go to work for 24hrs and follow all precautions, and pray I don’t bring anything home to my children, and immunocompromised family-members, but there is always that heightened risk.....I understand it, I accept it, I took my oath to always serve, but I encourage all to put aside their restlessness, and abide by the orders to isolate in homes and not risk continued spreading.....Off my
soap box now fellas...Sorry, have a great night.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our local post office has a sign on the door telling people while in line to practice the 6 foot rule . I went in just to mail some letters in the slot away from the lobby but looked in the lobby as I headed for the slot. needless to say everyone was like 2 foot apart and the people behind the counter apparently weren't telling them to spread. Kinda sad.
shortwheels

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like they say, You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make em drink.

I noticed that the other day at my local Post Office also.
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shortwheels wrote:
Like they say, You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make em drink.

I noticed that the other day at my local Post Office also.
Nowadays it's more like my Grampa used to say. "You can lead a horse to water but, you gotta be strong and determined if you're gonna drown him!"
Racer14

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry Rathgeb age 90 died yesterday from the virus age. Crying or Very sad
Racer14

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry Rathgeb age 90 died yesterday from the virus. Crying or Very sad
Mack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis O wrote:
To me this virus is real and it's scary. My lifelong friend did test positive. He was case #26 in Kentucky. He has been in the ICU since Monday night on a ventilator. His condition is not improving. His wife is locked up at home thru day 6 of the "will I get this" period. Her husband is unconscious, her sons cannot visit her in person. Every time we talk on the phone, we both cry. It's very real.

I think I speak for everyone on this forum, we hate what your friend and his family are going through. I wouldn't wish those circumstances on anyone. This crisis is real for all of us. I can't see how any of us escape unscathed, be it health wise, job wise or financial. As for myself, I am complying with the guidelines given to us. Distance ourselves, wash hands regularly, use our heads. And Dennis, you have my heartfelt prayers for you and your buddy and his family. I can imagine it's an awful situation.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: