Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is anyone here casting 25th or 24th scale bodies?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:35 pm    Post subject: Is anyone here casting 25th or 24th scale bodies? Reply with quote

I have fun with my detail parts but, there's a lot out there that's in need of a rework. I don't have the resources to do entire resin bodies but I'm wondering if I do the masterwork, is there anyone here interested in doing the casting, were I to branch out?

I'm getting tired of having to do the same mods over and over. Razz

I'm not looking to get rich off the work. I provide the master, you put it on the market, send me back a couple casts to keep me quiet and in the corner.
afx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been fortunate enough to create a few master that a resin caster has chosen to produce as kits. He deals in sportscar racing so I don't think he would be a good choice for what I have seen you create. Nice work by the way.

Reach out to companies that deal in NASCAR and you might get lucky. Maybe Big Donkey Resin, Southern Motorsports Hobbies or Mikes Decals would be good places to start.

Last edited by afx on Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the compliment. I thought about reaching out to Mike but, figured I'd put the notion up here and maybe he'd come to me. He's had some of my work in the form of bumpers. Smile
DaveVan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in the day I produced about 6 different resin kits. I did all the masters but had someone cast the parts. To get perfect parts you need a good pressure pot, that can be dangerous, and costly. The learning curve and cost made me farm out the work.
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cost of a bigger pressure pot is the issue. At this point I don't see me keeping this up too many more years so the expense really isn't worth it to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: