Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bobby Winnett

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pettyblue

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject: Bobby Winnett Reply with quote

I haven't seen anything from Bobby since the re-set. Did he re-register?
john843

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Bobby's around from time to time. He posts under username BW now.

John
pettyblue

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, John. I really enjoy Bobby's work
BW

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey ya'll! I'm still around. I haven't posted anything in a while because I've been taking a break. The reason for taking a break is that I've decided to re-design and update my build area. I've decided to create a designated and separate airbrush and painting area. I bought a new desk and a Pace Industries airbrush paint booth (my Christmas gift to me.) This should help eliminate paint fumes and overspray. I'm currently finishing up all the duct work. Lord knows I need to keep as many brain cells as possible.

I also bought a new airbrush, a Paasche Talon double action. I've actually had the airbrush for a while but never gave it a chance because I liked my old Paasche H-1 so well. So when the old H-1 needed new seals and springs, I just started playing around with the new Talon and found I liked it as much as the H-1. Besides, the new Talon seems to give more atomization and thus a better, smoother paint job. in addition, I've added some more storage and new lighting as well.

I've completed several builds since my last posting and as soon as I finish the model build room re-do, I will post the photos. I've also gotten back into building 1/72 scale military aircraft which gives me a pleasant break between car builds. Some of you may not not know that I used to build 1/72 scale military aircraft on the national IPMS-level and did a lot of commission work. I still enjoy a good aircraft build.

Also, Our local 1/4 mile speedway (Sayre Speedway) has become a great familiy-oriented place to watch some great racing. They have a good field of LMS as well as several other divisions and my grandsons, my father, and myself all enjoy watching great grass-roots, short track racing together. The 2020 season starts back up in March.

I still enjoy the hobby and I will always continue to build as long as the good Lord allows me to. I still have several Bobby Allison builds I want to complete as well as many other classic nascar and late model sportsman builds. I continuously learn from other modelers as well keeping up with new kits and re-releases. I watch for new model building tools and supplies and also enjoy trying something new in the hobby. I'll be back with some posts soon. Thanks all!
Bobby
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby, I also find that I've been building less since moving to a place where I can see a great night of asphalt short track racing three nights a week if I want to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: