Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new nascar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stewrtfan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:44 am    Post subject: new nascar Reply with quote

just curious....any word on whether Revell will continue with the new nascar kits?
DaveVan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revell is now owned by a German investment bank. The fact that we saw tons of NASCAR kits at Ollies for under $10 makes it look unlikely. The folks that got the last kits done are no longer at Revell. NASCAR kits are done for any foreseeable future IMHO. Build vintage.
stewrtfan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveVan wrote:
Revell is now owned by a German investment bank. The fact that we saw tons of NASCAR kits at Ollies for under $10 makes it look unlikely. The folks that got the last kits done are no longer at Revell. NASCAR kits are done for any foreseeable future IMHO. Build vintage.

That's what I thought too. Thank God for Salvino's. The seventies & eighties are my main interest. I have no interest in the current drama queens. I was just curious.
67chevelle

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:26 pm    Post subject: NASCAR KITS Reply with quote

Got to talk to Ed Sexton today at the IPMS National Convention in Chattoonga Tennessee I ask him about any plans on new nascar kits. His replay not in the near furture nascar license rights are out of control
got to see the new sprint car kit Awsome job. Thanks Jeffro.
shifty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing the quality of work that 3D resin printers put out especially at the 300 dollar Canadian price point same as 3D scanners, gives me hope that in the very near future we will be able to design our own models.

All it would take is one guy with the talent to make any new stuff in CAD format and share the files. So that anyone with a printer could print their resin car out.

And scan older already made content. Make any adjustments and touch ups needed and print.

I remain optimistic that if companies can’t supply us with kits, that talented modellers with proper equipment will give us the opportunity
Jim N

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: NASCAR KITS Reply with quote

67chevelle wrote:
Got to talk to Ed Sexton today at the IPMS National Convention in Chattoonga Tennessee I ask him about any plans on new nascar kits. His replay not in the near furture nascar license rights are out of control
got to see the new sprint car kit Awsome job. Thanks Jeffro.

Do you recall whether Mr. Sexton was clear on whether it was NASCAR or the teams whose licensing fees were out of control? The reason I ask is that NASCAR gave Revell an assist to produce the Fusion and SS kits.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't help that they keep changing the bodies. Finally get good fusion and chevy kits and they switch to mustang and camaro. And we will never get any kind of Toyota it seems. Like Dave says, do vintage.
Jim N

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkJ wrote:
It doesn't help that they keep changing the bodies. Finally get good fusion and chevy kits and they switch to mustang and camaro. And we will never get any kind of Toyota it seems. Like Dave says, do vintage.

Revell wanted to make a Toyota but Toyota would not give them the licensing for the project.

It might be a good thing that there is a break with the new cars since NASCAR and the manufacturers are negotiating the 2021 rules package. If what I am reading is correct, the manufacturers are pushing for some sort of a hybrid system for the cars. If this is the case, the power train and chassis will get a major overhaul.

Lastly Chevy is making noise about cancelling the Camaro again, so they may be getting a new car sooner rather than later.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim N wrote:
MarkJ wrote:

Revell wanted to make a Toyota but Toyota would not give them the licensing for the project.

It might be a good thing that there is a break with the new cars since NASCAR and the manufacturers are negotiating the 2021 rules package. If what I am reading is correct, the manufacturers are pushing for some sort of a hybrid system for the cars. If this is the case, the power train and chassis will get a major overhaul.

Lastly Chevy is making noise about cancelling the Camaro again, so they may be getting a new car sooner rather than later.

Yeah, they will probably want to run the mid engine corvette in cup and nascar will probably let them.
martinfan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkJ wrote:

When you look at it, not really , the Fusion got one change in 5 years, the SS stayed the same for 5 years, Toyota yes was changing the Camry every year it seemed ( I think it was every other year and so far no changes for 2 years)
martinfan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim N wrote:
MarkJ wrote:

And going to a 18 inch wheel and lower profile sidewall tire, it sounds lke NASCAR is gonna be another GT style series.

And no, its not really a good thing, if they wait, the tooling that they could still be using with a new bodies could possibly go to waste when the Gen 7 rolls out, we have no idea if the new cars are going to use the current G6 chassis , and there is talk of moving to IRS and wholesale changes.

Revell would of had two years of getting more mileage from the current tooling , all that is needed is new bodies, cost, that is a drop in the bucket compare to tooling up an entire new kit.

You are right, Revell wanted to do all three makes, but Toyota only wanted a Japanese company to do it.
Thomas

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:12 pm    Post subject: New kits Reply with quote

I ve asked the product marketing of Revell Germany if any new NASCAR kit will come in the future?

Answer was:

Maybe ... IF

than not before year 2022
DaveVan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2021 will be the new car...whatever it becomes. I myself doubt we'll see a new kit. Maybe if MB gets it......
R.J.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had 0 interest in building any Nascar kit with the start of the COT thru present day cars but I do feel for you guys that do want to build them. This hobby must be pretty frustrating for builders that like to build the modern cars with the very limited kits and most all the cars today are done with wraps instead of paint which makes for some really hard to reproduce decal jobs. Hopefully at some point down the road a kit company and all the licensing red tape will get worked out so that the modern Nascar modeler can enjoy the hobby to the fullest.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Licensing is not the issue it once was. NASCAR owns ALL the car designs now and controls much of the team licensing. The last round of 'NEW' Cup cars got done because NASCAR wanted it done. They made it happen.....but they have to have a model manufacture that is willing to spend the time and money to tool and market them. I know R2 will not go there.......doubt the German bank will....or Tamiya. Who else is cutting new tools in 1/24 scale model cars or American racers???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: