Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just fun stuff.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject: Just fun stuff..... Reply with quote

My dad passed away a few years back at 94. I learned how to "fix stuff" from him. While being a lot alike, we differed in that he would tape/glue/wire something back together hoping to get another month out of it. When it failed the next time, he would fix it again unless it was totally dead. I was always of the mind that if I'm in here fixing this, I want to do it once and not see it again. Neither is right or wrong, just different. What do you do.....how were you taught?
Toys4Don

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting you two had such different approaches. My dad will attempt to fix just about everything back to full functionality. I am a little more selective, but like you, if I decide to fix it I’m shooting to only do it once.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Dad could fix anything. He believed if you were going to do something you did it right. That meant 2x6 where 2x4 would do. Finish all surfaces even if they wouldn't be seen. Everything had to be exactly level, parallel or perpendicular whatever the case may be. He took pride in his work and it showed.
Jim N

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not like to repair my repairs. So, I try to fix it once.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: