Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone order some race tix yet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
18degrees

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:22 pm    Post subject: Anyone order some race tix yet? Reply with quote

That aren’t NASCAR?

Ordered my tix for the NOS World of Outlaws sprint cars at both I-55 Raceway and Jacksonville (IL) Raceway this year... gonna be a great weekend of racing at the end of April - Friday will be the Lucas Oil Late Models at Tri-City Speedway (IL), Saturday at I-55, and Sunday at Jacksonville. As long as the weather cooperates, it will be an AMAZING weekend. I used to go to 10-15 bigger dirt races each year but haven’t been to any in a few years, last one was a UMP Summernationals race at Belle-Clair Speedway a coupla years ago. Can’t wait... taking the wife, son, and a buddy to the first 2 (will be first races for the wife and son) and the wife and buddy to the last one. A plus is that Tri City is only about half an hour away, I-55 is about 45ish minutes, and Jacksonville is around 2 hours - the only place I haven’t been to yet is Jacksonville. If it’s good, I will most likely go back for an All-Star Sprint race in June. Would love to see Smoke in a sprinter again, haven’t seen him in one since a USAC race in 1995 at the old (pre re-configured) Tri-City Speedway.

That was one of the most amazing races I have ever seen, Tony started mid-field and ran down Jack Hewitt at the end for the win.

Like I said, weekend will be amazing if the weather cooperates.
KenK

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Would love to see Smoke in a sprinter again, haven’t seen him in one since a USAC race in 1995 at the old (pre re-configured) Tri-City Speedway.

I was at that race too. I live about 15 minutes away from TCS. I miss the half mile. The current configuration is good, but it's too similar to I-55 &
other tracks. The TCS half mile was one of the best half mile tracks in the
country. The WoO drivers liked it as a tune-up for Knoxville.
Shadetree Modeler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm talking with a friend about going to Batesville, AR in August for the Topless 100.
We started last year of going to one big Late Model Race starting with the Larry Phillips Memorial at Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland, MO.
18degrees

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uugh... Tri-City and I-55 outright rained out, and Jacksonville had to run the Outlaws B and A Mains and the POWRi midget feature when the rain came... NO FAIR!

Hopefully the weather will cooperate when USAC comes to Tri-City in May.
George Andrews

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well -- it is NASCAR but...
I've already been to my 1st K & N West Race, at Irwindale, CA., on March 30th. It was a great race, very clean yet competitive, with the winner only 1/2 FENDER ahead of 2nd place, who then spun the winner out going into Turn 1 after the Checkered Flag !!!
The new composite bodies and vinyl wrap graphics really make the cars look good. I'm planning on going to the K & N West events at Roseburg, Monroe, and maybe Phoenix, where they will be a support event during the fall Cup weekend !!! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: