Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Olympia Beer Charger Lemans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abudz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject: Olympia Beer Charger Lemans Reply with quote

I have a 1/16 Charger that I'd like to fab into the 72 Olympia Beer Lemans attempt. Is there a convenient resin kit to mod the MPC Charger? Also, are there any decals for this car available? I've searched for but haven't come with anything other than the ebay teresawulf 1/16 decals. I actually ordered a set and the quality is such that I would never apply these.
jjsipes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Patto Decals does the 69 Hershel McGriff car is 1/18 scale. Could this be used? Maybe contact him to see if he could do them at 1/16 scale? I see the numbers are wrong but the sponsor name is there

http://members.optusnet.com.au/pattosplace/home.html
Abudz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for response. Patto website is a little dif to navigate. Did you find the Olympia decals under #69? There is a ton of stuff at Patto's. Thanks for the resource.
Jim N

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The decals are sorted by the car number. It can make it a bit difficult to find a specific deal sheet at times.
junkman9096

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the one you're thinking about?

I know at least once there was a small sheet printed that covered most but not all of the markings. Pattos has a sheet for the #90 Torino that ran at the same race in 1976 and its got several of the specific markings for that race. I've got one for the Dodge above and after all these years I don't recall where I got them (Dave Van? SMH? Model show?)
Abudz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that the car. I found the Truxmore Torino. Some similar markings. I emailed Pattos to see if thy do a 1/16 set. I found a pic online for a full cartograf set for this charger but no info on who produces it. I'll keep looking.
odcics2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind that if you make a model, do it using vintage photos, since the one that's around today is a clone car...
Abudz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that. Not even same year charger. And it's being touted as the real deal. Will need to convert the MPC 1/16 into a 72 with at least some panels on the rear pillar.
Wedge

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive never had a problem with Pattos. I just email him with any questions and he answers anything Ive asked. I used his decals on several builds.

Wade
Firefly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abudz wrote:
Will need to convert the MPC 1/16 into a 72 with at least some panels on the rear pillar.

I am doing a '72 conversion currently. Besides the rear pillar work, I reworked the lower body side contours. Also added the notch in the center of the front bumper. Here is a link to the WIP:
http://www.randyayersmodeling.com/modelingforum/viewtopic.php?t=2138
odcics2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fenders, doors and 1/4 panels are different from 71-2 to 73-4.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: