Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paging Dave Van..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Road Racers, Drag Racers, Open Wheels, Modifieds, Late Models, ect
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gary66
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject: Paging Dave Van.. Reply with quote

Dave, what are the whereabouts of the Revell ASA Camaro and Thunderbird tools?

Did Salvino get those with the Nascar tooling?

Do you know if Round 2 has the 1-25 Watson Roadster and Indy Lotus tools?

I keep hoping the 1/32 scale Watson will come in the line of 1/32 kits they have done lately.
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weren't the Watson, Lotus, and '70s McLaren packaged in a combo kit in the '80s? If so they should still exist, they just don't really fit with Round2's current strategy.

If anyone has an "in" with someone there they might put a bug in someone's ear that Bobby Allison drove a Coke McLaren, that might dislodge those tools since they've been running their Coke and Allison-licensed stuff.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for ASA kits....no one is talking. From what I understand I'm on the Salvinos naughty list after I made some polite and I thought helpful suggestions.
The tooling was stateside so either Atlantis or Salvinos has it.

R2 feels open wheel kits are dogs. Tom's idea of a Coke McLaren is a good idea.
sentsat71

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found one of the Indy car combo kits a year or so ago and just missed out on a second one a month or so ago. Also scored an original (and only release?) of the Unser Rislone winning Eagle Offy issued in 1969.....got it for a decent price, less than $50......Also found a Replica & Minatures resin conversion for the later issued/reissued Gurney Eagle kits......

If it weren't for the efforts of DTR (Dirt Track Racing) the old AMT Grant King sprint/supermod kit would not have been issued back around 2006 nor the Monogram Edmunds supermodified. that came out around 2012/2013, back when I could not really afford to buy more than I have.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Road Racers, Drag Racers, Open Wheels, Modifieds, Late Models, ect All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: