Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windshield for Pearson GTO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john843

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:47 pm    Post subject: Windshield for Pearson GTO Reply with quote

I need to replace the windshield on an MPC Pearson GTO and wondered if the windshield from a '70 Chevelle SnapTite or possibly the one from the '69 Old's 442 would be basically the same. I was in HL today and thought I'd ask before throwing down 12-18 bucks and then finding out there is a significant difference between them. I did notice the rear window looked a good bit larger on the Chevelle.

Thanks,
John
lon651

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Windshield for Pearson GTO Reply with quote

John - This is Lonnie again hoping I can help. I have an OLD origional 1973 Pontiac Trans Am that is mainly just parts. I have no way of knowing who made this kit but it did come with racing parts. Sorry I cant tell you more but you might know the kit. The window glass is very dirty but no glue or heavy scratches. Do you remember the swap we made last year for the Fireball decals and the 1964 galaxie (about to finish the 64)? If there is a chance this will work I can send it. I owe you bigtime for your generosity.
john843

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lonnie, check your PMs.

Thanks,
John
Firefly

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to complicate this, but I might be tempted to fashion a windshield from clear plastic - sheet or scrounged from packaging. Worth a shot - and might cost $0. I have done this a few times - it actually looks more realistic than kit glass.
john843

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Guys but I've answered my own question. The Revell SnapTite SS 454 '70 Chevelle provides a PERFECT fit for the Goat. If anyone would like the rest of the kit (minus windshield only) to do a Chevelle dirt tracker or for anything else, drop me a PM and I'll send it your way.

Thanks,
John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: