Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Metallic foil decal film?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firefly

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject: Metallic foil decal film? Reply with quote

Is there any such thing: Water slide decal sheet of foil metallics, for cutting to shape/size needed?
hemiman_1999

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alps printers can do Metallic I use them all the time with my decals if its called for, and alps 5000 series printed decals can print Chrome and Gold Foil. As for a straight decal sheet that you cut the only thing I have ever seen in Solid Foils and I don't know if its still available is Bare Metal used to do a Gold and Copper foil as for Metallic's I have never seen anything. There may be something but I am unaware of it perhaps someone here knows of something and will let us know about it.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apply BMF to decal paper....I've done it
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut Bare Metal Foil to shape. Spray with clear color (like yellow clear for gold), Print border decals (like drop shadow) on clear decal film and apply over top.
StuBeck

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on how crazy the design you're looking at, Alcad II paint through an airbrush may be a better solution. At some point I'll get the courage to make Waltrips chrome #17 and this is the way I'm going to go rather than using bare metal foil.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: