Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Richie Panch Torino - question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firefly

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:10 pm    Post subject: Richie Panch Torino - question Reply with quote

Noticed this in an image: A Bud Moore Engineering decal on Richie's '72 Torino. Was this a former Bud Moore car?

Bobby The Cabdriver

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:04 pm    Post subject: Ritchie Panch Reply with quote

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Richie Panch come into the series from day one with some big money behind him and dad's connections? I know he drove a second car for Junie Dunlevie and a little later on had a fairly big money Budweiser sponsorship. It was kind of unheard of in those days for such a young guy to be racing in Grand National, maybe this was a rent a ride deal or maybe they were just customers of Bud Moore? Whatever the case may be, I think most people remember him bringing out yellow flags more than anything else.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about the heritage of his cars....but I got to meet him and thought well of him. It's why I put his decals in the Model King Torino kit we did......
DaveVan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AND....I do his Monte Carlo decals @ Penngwen......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: