Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

front roll cage on cup cars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scotty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject: front roll cage on cup cars Reply with quote

How do you guys (like Clay Kemp) make and extend your chassis roll cage to the front of the bumper covers on your cup cars? Do you have a jig or do you just cut, dry fit, then heat, dry fit, then lather rinse repeat until you get it the way you want or what? I want to make the engine bay look a little more detailed and I wanted to add the bumper bars and extra bars. What size rod, or materials? Whats the best glue to hold it in place? I'm not talented enough to talk to Clay Kemp, (thats my words not his...lol) but I use his builds as inspiration, so if any of you have any insight I would be in debt for life! Please help! Or if anyone knows how to get in contact with the master himself, then I will ask him myself.

Thanks my fellow modelers!
Keep on building and remember....

The easiest part of a race car to change is the driver!
George Andrews

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The front bumper bars on a modern Cup car are really hard to see in a complete build, unless you are modeling a car with front end damage. They are often hidden inside the radiator shrouds; often the bottom shroud piece is mounted to it. If you really have to have them, I suggest using small diameter plastic rod ( Evergreen or Plastruct ), gradually heating & bending it to conform to the inside of the bumper cavity, and gluing it to the inside of the body shell. Then you can cut small straight pieces going both straight ahead and diagonally to meet the bumper bar.
jwhop3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind, Clay Kemp is an evil scientist, who among his other diabolical devices, owns a shrink ray, which can reduce a stock car to 4.17% of it's original size.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: