Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MPC McLaren 1/20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Road Racers, Drag Racers, Open Wheels, Modifieds, Late Models, ect
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sapphiregt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject: MPC McLaren 1/20 Reply with quote

Looking for any parts for the 1/20 MPC McLaren M8B or M8D. If you have complete built or unbuilt kits I might also be interested.
Thanks
Bobby The Cabdriver

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject: MPC McLaren Reply with quote

Oh man! I wish I still had mine, what a phenomenal kit! I had one when they were reissued around 1980 and I spent a good three months working on it. Painted it red and found some Auto World decals to make kind of a fantasy Can-Am car, like what Oscar would have ran if we all bought more stuff from him! I think Gasoline Alley in Seattle may have them, but be careful with them because I've ordered kits from them Parts both damaged and missing.
spooker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sapphiregt & Bobby:

PM sent!

Brian
sentsat71

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sapphiregt...

PM sent
MG Brown

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The M8D kit can be found for small money on eBay (around $20) but the M8B is much more difficult ($75 for a rough example).

It would be great if someone resin cast the few differing parts to convert the D to the B...

Tamiya re-issued the M8A in 1/18th; it needs some work, but the most notable problem, the wheels and tires, can be fixed with a GMP McLaren 1/18th wheel and tire set. Easily found and affordable (~$20).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Road Racers, Drag Racers, Open Wheels, Modifieds, Late Models, ect All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: