Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Scalextric Chevy Monte Carlo Aero coupe 1/32 slot car!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobby The Cabdriver

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:08 am    Post subject: New Scalextric Chevy Monte Carlo Aero coupe 1/32 slot car!!! Reply with quote

The title says it all. Our friends that drive on the wrong side of the road have introduced a 86 Monte Carlo in four different non-licensed semi- fantasy paint schemes. One of them looks like the Wrangler 3 car, there's a Budweiser twins , one looks just like the first Goodwrench car and another one looks like Handsome Harry's Skoal Bandit. And for those who don't know who are into slot car racing, Scalextric has switched to a much hotter motor, an inline design, lighter bodies and a fish rubber type Tire compound. A fast car for $40 for sure. Break out your favorite paint stripper and get ready to downsize some decals! Or wait a while and maybe Scalextric will release it unpainted. Just don't buy your decals from that guy from Virginia on eBay. You will be disappointed.
Bobby The Cabdriver

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject: Scalextric Monte Carlo Reply with quote

I just spoke to my good friend Jason @ Electric Dreams slot cars in El Segundo California, and yes! Scalextric will be releasing the Monte Carlo at some point this year unpainted!
"Fireball"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now,... where's the '88-'89 Beak Bird to blow the doors off the Monte Carlo???
Bobby The Cabdriver

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:13 pm    Post subject: Scalextric Monte Carlo Reply with quote

Stop it Mike! Don't you know how sensitive these Chevy guys are?
hemiman_1999

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys do know any Mopar will be faster then any Ferd or Chebby right......
Bobby The Cabdriver

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject: Mopar or no-car Reply with quote

Only until NASCAR or the NHRA changes the rules. What basic design now makes roughly twelve thousand horsepower and still rules the ultimate drag racing class? It ain't a Ford or Chevy!!! See comment below.
"Fireball"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Mopar or no-car Reply with quote

Bobby The Cabdriver wrote:
Only until NASCAR or the NHRA changes the rules. What basic design now makes roughly twelve thousand horsepower and still rules the ultimate drag racing class? It ain't a Ford or Chevy!!! See comment below.

Now Bobby,...you know as well as I do that the Hemi they're running now in NHRA shares NONE of the REAL MoPar Hemi engine parts. I'm not so sure the basic designs are even close to each other.
jjsipes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a link to the Monte Carlos
https://www.scalextric.com/us-en/catalogsearch/result/?q=monte+carlo

It looks like they will be doing the 85 Birds as well
https://www.scalextric.com/us-en/catalogsearch/result/?q=bird
Bobby The Cabdriver

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject: Mopar or no-car Reply with quote

The basic design and dimensions of modern Top Fuel and Nitro funny car engines, by and large, are the same as the 1964 Chrysler Hemi the last time I checked. NHRA has a 500 cubic inch limit which eliminates almost any kind of major changes to the original design. It's the perfect Beast. Aftermarket parts or not, it's still a Chrysler Hemi. And almost all the parts will interchange more or less with the stuff that King Richard won the Daytona 500 with in 1964. Wow, look at that T-Bird! Scalextric has really got it going on!
"Fireball"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those '85 Birds look super slick!!! Mongo like!!!
DaveVan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Fireball" wrote:
Those '85 Birds look super slick!!! Mongo like!!!

They look good....but funny how they fixed some errors that the MONOGRAM kit had.....while creating some new ones!! The rear edge of the C pillar window is not right....maybe fixed by production time.
Bobby The Cabdriver

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject: Scalextric Monte Carlo Reply with quote

After Scalextric's "creative interpretations" of the Dodge Challenger and Charger Daytona, these things are awesome looking. Can you imagine running six of these on a digital oval with pit stops? I can!
DaveVan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They fixed the headlight doors, a biggy to me, but left on the door rubber strip!! The front fenders are better than kit....but the C pillar is way off.
I may get one if I come on to one.....I have others even though my track is all in a box.....for years!
"Fireball"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks to be CAD pics, and not the real deal. Hopefully they will address these issues before production begins. The potential has me all giddy!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: