Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1/32 Galaxy and Fairlane slot car body kits by monogram

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobby The Cabdriver

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:21 pm    Post subject: 1/32 Galaxy and Fairlane slot car body kits by monogram Reply with quote

After many years of waiting and several false starts, it seems that we are finally going to be able to buy unpainted Monogram classic NASCAR body kits. Power Hobby in New Jersey is presently carrying the 63 + 65 Ford Galaxie and the 67 Fairlane body kits. For those not familiar, monogram came up with some all-new tooling about 15 years ago to produce some beautiful vintage NASCARs. They also released a 66 Charger and a 67 Plymouth Belvedere and had multiple versions of each car with very correct (in most cases)paint and decals. The shape and the proportion of these are excellent, even much better then some 25th scale kits that a lot of us have, and they have a full interior with a pre painted driver figure and a pretty decent roll cage. The chassis and wheels and tires are readily available separately and cheap,but the big issue with these cars was quality control and the basic design of the chassis. They are beautiful replicas as issued by Monogram with only a few small problems and make great display pieces. And several of them are now Bonafide collectors items. For those of us who are still slot racing, there's a company on Shapeways making chassis that accept Slot It mechanical parts. Now, who can make some quality 32nd scale decals because the only people out there who are making decals for 32nd scale NASCAR replicas are thieves doing shoddy Alps printed rip offs of 25th scale sheets from reputable manufacturers.
hemiman_1999

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly Bobby I offered 1/32nd decals for two years and sold only 19 decals the market (I don't feel) is there to justify the time to create the art work, I could downsize my existing NASCAR decals but mine are for 59 to 63 with a few Short Track items I don't think the bodies are there for any of those.
Bobby The Cabdriver

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:12 am    Post subject: 32nd scale decals Reply with quote

Just to throw some fuel on the 32nd scale fire, round two/ AMT has just released the 1960 Thunderbird hardtop. Holman & Moody Square Birds anybody? And it looks like they come with a pretty nice sheet of racing decals. Might be worth the price of admission just for the decals. From time to time, there's been some pretty interesting subject matter in 32nd scale and it all doesn't have to be slot cars. Revell had a really nice 78 Nova 2 years ago, monogram a 69 Nova and MPC had a really cool 81 Buick Regal stocker that I hope my buddy down in Statesville decides to have resin cast. It is super duper rare. Just because the Monogram Fords were designed as slot cars does not mean that they're not really good-looking little models, by the way. Plus there was the AMT and monogram NASCAR kits from the 90s that were pretty cool but with some trade-offs. The Monograms were really sharp and well-proportioned but had paper stickers instead of decals and the amt's, while they had beautiful water slide decals, well, they were amt's from the 1990s. Little miniature versions of their somewhat off 25th scale NASCAR kits. I'm making arrangements with a senior member of The Forum to be posting some pictures soon and some of these pictures will be of some of these I've converted into slot cars. And I know for a fact there other members who have done the same.
kenofyork

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need some more 1/32 scale decals for my Cyclone kits. Can you offer any tips?

I found one on ebay and Patto's has a few.

These are home made kits because I just really wanted a Mercury to race with.

I would like some alternative racers to add. These were based on existing 1/25 scale decals.

I would prefer to buy proper white printed decals but they are hard to find.

BTW- I just joined this forum today so there may be an obvious answer that I am not aware of.
"Fireball"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum. You made the Cyclone kit? They look nice. There are several guys on this forum that can do the 1/32nd scale decals, Dave Van, and Mike's Decals if I recall correctly. I have about 200 1/32nd scale slot cars. Got my first 1/32nd set when I was six, and I'm sixty three now.
hemiman_1999

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can also do 1/32nd decals here is my website
SMPDECAL.com
Everything listed can be done in 1/32 or 1/64th
DaveVan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the Monogram Cobra Daytona body in white and wheels/tires years ago. Any Daytona is a must have. Good to hear more are out there now.
I too did a few 1/32 decals and IIRC sold none.
"Fireball"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveVan wrote:
I bought the Monogram Cobra Daytona body in white and wheels/tires years ago. Any Daytona is a must have. Good to hear more are out there now.
I too did a few 1/32 decals and IIRC sold none.

I have both the Cobra Daytona, and Shelby GT350R in resin, nice kits. So, you still have some 1/32nd decals?
DaveVan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope.....gave them away as freebies in orders......thx
kenofyork

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Fireball" wrote:
Welcome to the forum. You made the Cyclone kit? They look nice. There are several guys on this forum that can do the 1/32nd scale decals, Dave Van, and Mike's Decals if I recall correctly. I have about 200 1/32nd scale slot cars. Got my first 1/32nd set when I was six, and I'm sixty three now.

Thanks. I made this in my home workshop. www.proxiemodels.com

Just wanted some to race around with. It is injected molded styrene. The body fits on a Carrera stock car chassis, or a Pioneer chassis.

in researching this car it seems there were a lot of these raced and I am trying to collect decals for as many as I can.

I will check out the websites mentioned.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Merc design is better than some big manufactures!!!
john843

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an H.O. guy but those Merc's are Mega-impressive! Love the #92.

John
DaveVan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenofyork wrote:

I would prefer to buy proper white printed decals but they are hard to find.

BTW- I just joined this forum today so there may be an obvious answer that I am not aware of.

Just ordered a Merc body. As for decals their are a number of guys using the new white laser printers that work well. You might look into that. thx
1fozziebear

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, digging up old 1/32 decal posts. I have a few 2 sets of decals I can let go. These were from an old company back in 2007 "Slotcars4you". He was an Englishman I believe and printed nice stuff. Anyway - believe it or not I am finally using the decals. How this potentially benefits you is that his decal sheets included 2 sets of everything.

Currently I can let go of: 29 Stacy's and #2 Zecol Lubaid. both for the 1963 Galaxie.

If prodded properly I can let go of the "spare" decal on the other 6 sheets or so I have. All fit the 1963,65 Galaxie and I swear there might be a 65 Impala one as well. It's a shame the guy did great work and was one of the honest guys who didn't steal other people's work and print it on crappy paper. Send me a PM if interested with an email and I'll send pics. I was going to ebay them but afraid the guy I am mentioning above will buy them.
Frankd021

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: 32nd scale decals Reply with quote

Bobby The Cabdriver wrote:
Just to throw some fuel on the 32nd scale fire, round two/ AMT has just released the 1960 Thunderbird hardtop. Holman & Moody Square Birds anybody? And it looks like they come with a pretty nice sheet of racing decals. Might be worth the price of admission just for the decals. From time to time, there's been some pretty interesting subject matter in 32nd scale and it all doesn't have to be slot cars. Revell had a really nice 78 Nova 2 years ago, monogram a 69 Nova and MPC had a really cool 81 Buick Regal stocker that I hope my buddy down in Statesville decides to have resin cast. It is super duper rare. Just because the Monogram Fords were designed as slot cars does not mean that they're not really good-looking little models, by the comparateur assurance chien way. Plus there was the AMT and monogram NASCAR kits from the 90s that were pretty cool but with some trade-offs. The Monograms were really sharp and well-proportioned but had paper stickers instead of decals and the amt's, while they had beautiful water slide decals, well, they were amt's from the 1990s. Little miniature versions of their somewhat off 25th scale NASCAR kits. I'm making arrangements with a senior member of The Forum to be posting some pictures soon and some of these pictures will be of some of these I've converted into slot cars. And I know for a fact there other members who have done the same.

The AMA ban finally allowed the GM teams to start posting more wins and finally reverse the trend in their favor.
Aero426

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenofyork wrote:
"Fireball" wrote:

Thanks. I made this in my home workshop. www.proxiemodels.com

Just wanted some to race around with. It is injected molded styrene. The body fits on a Carrera stock car chassis, or a Pioneer chassis.

in researching this car it seems there were a lot of these raced and I am trying to collect decals for as many as I can.

I will check out the websites mentioned.

Is it still possible to order the Cyclone bodies? I would like two.
Aero426

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received my Cyclone bodies from Proxie Models. I highly recommend them. The body kits are back in stock.
1fozziebear

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you got to Homeracingworld.us Proxie models is working on white printed decals for the cyclones. Look very good. also he is working on a early 70s GP, Monte carlo and the charger, road runner, 73 Torino and a Matador!. He's going to post 3D images per his last post. Looks like great things coming from him in 1/32!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: